Sunday, September 18, 2022

Only You Can Find the Strength Within . . . for ArtStacks and Art Journal Journey (and a college reunion!)

Hi Everyone!

I just got back from my college reunion.  It's been 40 years since we graduated from East Stroudsburg University, which was East Stroudsburg State College when we we attended.  (Affectionately know as ESSC!)  Although we had different majors, we have all remained friends since then, and my sister and cousin are part of our crowd even though they graduated from Penn State University.  We spent a couple of days at Ocean City, New Jersey, enjoying the beach and boardwalk, but mostly we just enjoyed each others company.  I'd like to share a few photos:

The beach was so beautiful:


Here's my twin sister, Karen, my cousin, Cindy and me:

Me with Sue:
 

College friends, Gretchen, Mary and Susie:

 

Walking on the boardwalk - a woman stopped and took our photo:

 

Enjoying walking on the beach.  (That's Karen - I took the photo.)

Mary and Karen:

And finally, one of my favorite photos!  Karen took this pic of Barbarann and me:
 

It was a week I'll never forget.  Thanks everyone!

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


And today I'd like to share a mixed media art journal page that I made for ArtStacks.  I am a little late posting this because of our college reunion.


I made this page using ArtStacks' new releases:  the All Dressed Up and Wings and Things Corestacks.  



Here is  my completed page.  I really like the way the 2 packs work so well together.

 

I have been struggling with some things at the moment, and this page was very therapeutic for me to make.  I've found that it's true -  only I can find the strength from within!!
For all of the details about how I made my project, please head over to the Artstacks blog.

 
I am also linking this up  page to  Art Journal Journey Monthly

This month's challenge is hosted by Neet from Hickydorums and is "Fur and/or Feathers."  I went with the "feathers" part of the challenge.  Thank you, Neet, for coming up with this theme.
  
I also want to thank everyone at AJJ - their art has been such an inspiration to me over the years and their support means more than anything!
 
Thank you for your visit to my blog today!

8 comments:

  1. Love the photos Sharon, looks like you had a great time. Also love your page, Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy photos and beautiful page. Lovely image and texture 💗

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your page is absolutely beautiful Sharon. I love the placement of the figure in the midst of that gold, almost web design. The wings you have given to her are gorgeous and look so textural. In fact the whole piece looks as if it is full of texture against that pale pink background.
    To me it says something about anguish, the wayk the figure is holding herself and I feel that she is about to burst out from all the darkness inside her into a radiant golden moment in her life.
    Loved the photos of your reunion and so good to see you and your twin sister. Bet you two had some fun as youngsters fooling people.
    Thanks for joining in with my theme at Art Journal Journey
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your reunion looks like such fun Sharon. I bet the beach in September is glorious. Not too hot. And definitely not so crowded. 👍. And your page is great. I love the background. That pink web like design is beautiful. This is another gorgeous layout. Thanks for sharing it with at us AJJ for Neet’s challenge. Hope all is well. Hugs Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh sounds like a lovely time with your special people.. now you have the photos and memories to cherish! I love your pages.. something beautiful and feminine about the pink colour and I have found lately that I have found a strength I didn't know I had although I also believe I have been carried like the footprints poem. And creating is good therapy.. a beautiful pale.. thanks for coming by my blog too.. it is so lovely when folks leave a little message thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful art Sharon, and wonderful photos! It looks like you all had a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not even sure if you will see this post because am SO far behind. What a lovely area to have a reunion. Like you, my undergrad school was a state COLLEGE when I went there, Now it's a Uni.

    Sorry to read you are struggling at the moment, but your fabulous scrapbook page betrays the pain you are in. This is a fabulous and sensitive entry for Neet's theme at Art Journal Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what great pics from your vacation!!! And your page makes me speechless. Exquisite in every way.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!