Wednesday, September 7, 2022

So Excited . . . for Challenge YOUrself!

Hi everyone. It's September 7th and time for a new challenge at Challenge YOUrself!

This month's challenge is all about celebrating good times!


Contrasting with last month, which was about tough times, this month is about celebrating good times. As soon as I saw the challenge, I knew that I wanted to make my page about John's and my summer vacation.  

When John and I decided to go to Martha's Vineyard, we wanted to do something the day before we got there and the day after, too, for a total of 5 days for vacation.  So . . . we each decided to do what the other really loves: I went to a baseball game with John at Fenway Park the day before we took the ferry to Martha's Vineyard, and John went with me to a Susan Branch book signing in Plainville, MA, the day after our 3 days in Martha's Vineyard.   

Here is a photo from Fenway Park in Boston:

I must admit, I enjoyed going to this baseball game and seeing Fenway Park!  What I didn't like was that it was blazing hot that day! 

Martha's Vineyard was wonderful! Here is one of the lighthouses in Edgartown:


 

Susan Branch's book signing was at a beautiful book store, An Unlikely Story, in Plainville, MA:


 


 

If you'd like to learn more about Susan Branch, her new book, and her book signing tour, you can visit her blog post here!  There is actually a photo of John and I (that Joe took!) on her blog: 

We were so excited!!!  I think John really enjoyed meeting Susan Branch (and Joe!!)

Here is my completed page:

With a different view:
I hope you get a chance to check out Challenge YOUrself this month. Making this page was a lot of fun!

And thank YOU for stopping by my blog today.  Enjoy your September! 

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow your time away sounds like so much fun! And I love the bright colours and creative design of your layout about the book signing. And I hope there are much happier memories for this month too. Last month was a difficult one for me..

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful page! So great that you each were able to do something special with the other's support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pics from Fenway and Martha's Vineyard. So outstanding that you were able to see and meet Susan Branch!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!