Sunday, July 7, 2024

So Sweet . . . for Challenge YOUrself and Art Journal Journey Monthly!

Hi everyone.  It's hard to believe that it's July 7th already, but here it is.  I know I've said it before, but time seems to be flying by faster than ever this year. I know it's because I am getting older.  LOL!

 It's time for a new challenge at Challenge YOUrself:

Challenge YOUrself #127 opened today and closes on August 4th:



This month's challenge is to use stitching somewhere on your page.  It can be hand stitching or machine sewing, and add as little or as much as you like.  Please remember to include at least one photo with YOU in the frame on your project.

Here is the mixed media scrapbook page that I created for this challenge:


I used a photo of my twin sister and me taken in 1960 when we were 4 years old.  I absolutely love this photo - it's one of my favs.  I especially like our bangs - our grandmother always cut our hair!  I used lots of yellow bits from my stash, and my sewing machine in several places on my page.  I really enjoyed making this one!

I hope you get a chance to check out  Challenge YOUrself this month!  We would love to see YOUR projects.

I am also linking my page to Art Journal Journey Monthly's theme for July:



This month is hosted by Halle at Halle's Hobbies..Her theme for July “I’ve Got a Notion.” 

She says:  "My theme is a bit tongue in cheek and has a wide variety of interpretations.
I LOVE sewing and incorporating stitching and other traditional supplies into my artwork. You can add any sort of stitching (real or faux), buttons, lace, fabric, yo-yos, sewing pattern paper, snaps, hooks, measuring tape…you get the picture. Anything you might find in a sewing room." 

As you can see, I added machine stitching to my page a number of different places! 

I hope you get a chance to check out the all entries from the talented artists that take part in this challenge every month.  And I want to thank Halle and Art Journal Journey for having this amazing challenge. 

And thank you so much for stopping by my blog today.   Enjoy July! 

5 comments:

  1. It's great those 2 challenges both include sewing/stitching. I love your page Sharon. It is so bright and sunny. Nice stitching and trims. And I didn't know you were a twin. I think it's a fun photo (not horrible). Thanks for joining Halle's challenge at AJJ. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool that your challenges lined up! Love the page with all the different trims and stitching. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun way to meet both challenges, Sharon. I love the yellow vibe. This is brilliant and perfect for Halle's theme at AJJ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous entry for Halle's AJJ theme! Beautiful colours and so many lovely details, hugs Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!