Monday, July 8, 2024

Don't Waste a Minute . . . for ArtStacks and Art Journal Journey Month;y!

Hi everyone!  Today I'm sharing a project that I made for the ArtStacks Artist Team.  I am up on their blog today!

 

I created a mixed media scrapbook page using their newest releases:
The Doors & Windows 2 pack:

and Weathered Walls pack:


You can head to ArtStacks to see these beautiful packs in detail.

Here is my mixed media art journal/scrapbook page using these 2 packs:


I found this photo of  my daughter, Anne and me taken at the beach in 2017.  I remember that sunset vividly - it was so beautiful.  I started my page by using a 12 x 12 Vicki Boutin paper from her Print Shop collection.  Next I added images from the ArtStacks Doors & Windows 2 and Weathered Walls packs. My favorite part was making the 3-D awning (from the Doors & Windows 2 pack) and attaching it above my photo. My page also contains threads and lots of stitching!  I had lots of fun to creating this one.




And once again, I am happy to link my page to Art Journal Journey Monthly's theme for July:


This month is host is Halle at Halle's Hobbies..Her theme for July “I’ve Got a Notion.” 

She says:  "My theme is a bit tongue in cheek and has a wide variety of interpretations.
I LOVE sewing and incorporating stitching and other traditional supplies into my artwork. You can add any sort of stitching (real or faux), buttons, lace, fabric, yo-yos, sewing pattern paper, snaps, hooks, measuring tape…you get the picture. Anything you might find in a sewing room." 

I hope you get a chance to see the all entries from the amazing artists that take part in this challenge every month.  I am always blown away by their talent.  And I want to thank Halle (and Art Journal Journey) for hosting this fun challenge. 

And thank you so much for stopping by my blog today.   Enjoy the rest of your July! 


5 comments:

  1. Looks fantastic! The awning is such a fun touch and brings the focus to the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun page! Love the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a charming scrapbook page. I love all the stitches and sewing you used on this. Thanks for sharing another great entry with us at Art Journal Journey using Halle's theme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is another fun page Sharon. I like how you made the picture into a window and added that fun awning. And what a great quote. I love the threads and all your layering too. Thanks for joining Halle's challenge at AJJ. And I hope you're having a great week. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Sharon- loving the stitching and the threads ! Another great page for Halle's AJJ theme, hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!