Saturday, August 10, 2024

Seek Magic Every Day for ArtStacks and Art Journal Journey Monthy!

Hi everyone!  Today I'm sharing a project that I made for the ArtStacks Artist Team.  

 

Here is my 12x12 mixed media art journal/scrapbook page using several different ArtStacks packs:


I featured a photo of John and me taken in New York City on our 30th anniversary in 2020.  I started my page by using Vicki Boutin background paper from her Print Shop collection.  I stenciled the bottom with a Martha Stewart stencil and some teal acrylic paint.  Next, I layered images from several different ArtStacks packs including coloring and adhering the 3-D shutters from their "Doors and Windows 2" pack.  Head over to www.artstacks.com.au/blog to see my step by step tutorial and also to see all of the packs that I used in detail!


And once again, I am so happy to link my page to Art Journal Journey Monthly's theme for August:


This month is host is Jo from Let's Art Journal..Her theme for August is “Wonderfully Wild.” 
Jo says:  "This could be about a wild animal, a wildly colored background, or even a wild quote, or maybe wild flowers or you could go wild with your design!." 

I decided to "go wild" with my layers and my design.  And I did add some wild things including flowers, a butterfly and 2 dragonflies!

I hope you get a chance to see the all entries from the amazing artists that take part in this challenge every month.  I am always blown away by their talent.  And I want to thank Jo (and Art Journal Journey) for hosting this fun challenge. 

And thank you so much for stopping by my blog today.  Have a wonderful August! 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon. I am blown away by your art also. You create such great layering. And along with the flowers and dragonflies, it looks like you and your husband went wild for your anniversary too.I bet it was fun.Have a super weekend and Thanks for joining Jo's challenge hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful page! I love that you included that lovely photo of you and your hubby from your anniversary and the crowns you added made me smile 😊. All the wild elements work so wonderfully too. Thanks so much for joining us at Art Journal Journey! Happy weekend! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wildly beautiful, Sharon. I love your interpretation of wild and how well it fits with your amazing page. LOVE all the layering. Thanks for sharing this at Art Journal Journey using Jo's theme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wild layers Sharon, love the photo of you and your hubby, esoecially with the wild crowns.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!