Monday, April 8, 2024

Don't Wait For the Storm To Pass . . . for ArtStacks and Art Journal Journey Monthly!

Hi everyone!  Today I'm sharing a project that I made for the ArtStacks Artist Team.  I am up on their blog today!

 

I created a mixed media scrapbook page using their new release Tissue Backgrounds pack:

FYI:  each pack contains backgrounds designed for use in all forms of papercrafting and are printed on ArtStacks' amazing tissue. And, if you like to print at home, a digital version of this pack and a "Blank Tissue" pack are available!  Head over to www.artstacks.com/au for all of the details!

Here is my page using four ArtStacks packs including their newest Tissue Backgrounds pack:  


I decided to make a mixed media scrapbook page using a photo that I took of my daughter, Anne, way back in 2015.  I LOVE the new TISSUE BACKGROUNDS releases and used the Newsprint, Starbursts, and Cloud/raindrops in my background.  I added pieces from Shana Bebeklis’ FULL DECK pack:  the Heavy Cardstock background, the butterflies, and the newsprint printed on dictionary paper.  In addition, the Wall Background is from the DOORS & WINDOWS CARDSTACK;  and the strips of Rippable Paper are from Lisa Oxley’s FLORAL FETISH pack.  I made up my own title for this page.  

Many of my elements, the photo, the background images, the strips for the title & background, and ephemera are in rectangle or square form making it fit into this month's Art Journal Journey "Geometric Forms" challenge.

I enjoyed making this project using Artstacks products and hope that I have inspired you to create one, too!


I am also linking my project up to Art Journal Journey Monthly's theme for April:

This month is hosted by Valerie at Baastelmania.  Her April theme is Geometric Forms. Valerie says "this theme covers anything using one or more of these forms in your art work - circles, squares, triangles, lines, etc. I love them and I hope this challenge will renew your acquaintance with these forms."

As I mentioned above, I used rectangles and squares on my page, using photos, embellishments, strips, and ephemera which are in square/rectangular forms!

I hope you get a chance to check out the entries from the talented artists that take part in this challenge every month.   

And again, I want to thank Valerie and Art Journal Journey for creating this amazing challenge. 

And thank YOU, so much, for stopping by my blog today.  Happy Crafting!  Enjoy April.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon. It's been a crazy week so I'm a little behind commenting, but I'm so glad you joined in again at AJJ. This page feels just like it is this morning at my house with some rain. I love that umbrella photo too. What a lovely page you made Sharon, and it's perfect for Valerie's challenge. Thanks for linking up. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful journal page and so topical too as ait does nothing but rain here in the north of England, or so it seems. The sun is actually shining at the moment but I am sure by the look of the sky I will be needing an umbrella to go out of doors before too log.
    Lovely to see the different papers you have used and how inspiring to find they have tissue books - and digital ones too.
    Hugs, Neeet x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This page just makes me feel peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your squares and rectangles! This really is a beautiful page Sharon! Thank you for joining in at AJJ, hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!