Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Wish Upon a Star . . . for Challenge YOUrself and Art Journal Journey Monthly!

Hi everyone.  It's May 7th and time for a new challenge at Challenge YOUrself!

Challenge YOUrself #125 opened today and closes on June 7th:



This month's challenge is about using fussy cutting on your page.  You can use as many or as few hand-cut images as you like, just remember to include a photo with YOU in the frame!

Here is the mixed media scrapbook page that I created for this challenge:


I decided to make my page about my family's Disney World trip in 2022.  I used Echo Park paper from my stash that is perfect for a Disney World theme.  I fussy cut many of my elements on this page, for instance the balloons, the heart, the bow tie, the "Say cheese" piece, etc.  I also used the lyrics from "When you Wish Upon a Star"  as the basis for my page.

I hope you get a chance to check out  Challenge YOUrself!

I am also linking my page to Art Journal Journey Monthly's theme for May:



This month is co-hosted by Valerie at Baastelmania and Erika from BioArtGal.  Their theme for May is Poems
Valerie says "Don't be scared by the theme of poems.  It doesn't have to be anything special or super complicated.  You can choose a poem or short verse, or limerick or whatever poems you like.  You can compose your own or choose works from famous people.  The main thing is to have fun."  
Erika says "I'm excited to be working with Valerie.  She said it perfectly.  Have fun and let's rock some poetry this month."

I used the lyrics from the song "When You Wish Upon a Star" as my poem!  

I hope you get a chance to check out the entries from the talented artists that take part in this challenge every month.  And I want to thank Valerie, Erika, and Art Journal Journey for creating this fabulous and fun challenge. 

And thank you so much for stopping by my blog today.   Happy May! 

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous page, Sharon! And I am sitting here happily singing those beautiful words, and feeling myself back in a better time and place, thanks! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I forgot to say thanks for linking up to AJJ. CAn you tell it's first thing in the morning? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!