Sunday, April 7, 2024

Captured . . . for Challenge YOUrself and Art Journal Journey Monthly!

Hi everyone.  It's April 7th - can you believe it?!   

It's time for a new challenge at Challenge YOUrself!

Challenge YOUrself #124 opened today:


This month's challenge is What's your favorite animal?  You can interpret the theme any way you like, for instance, you can use a photo of you with your favorite animal, use background paper depicting your favorite animal, use images of your favorite animal, etc!  Just remember to include a photo with YOU in the frame!

Here is the mixed media scrapbook page that I created for the challenge:

I used photos of me with our dog, Abbey, taken on Mother's Day two years ago.  Of course my favorite animal is Abbey!!  She is the light of my life and is always by my side.  The paper and embellishments are all from Vicki Boutin's Print Shop collection.  I love how her matts, embellies, and ephemera are in rectangular form, making this perfect for Valerie's theme at Art Journal Journey this month.

I hope you get a chance to check out  Challenge YOUrself!

I am also linking my page to Art Journal Journey Monthly's theme for April:



This month is hosted by Valerie at Baastelmania.  Her April theme is Geometric Forms. Valerie says "this theme covers anything using one or more of these forms in your art work - circles, squares, triangles, lines, etc. I love them and I hope this challenge will renew your acquaintance with these forms."

As you can see, I used rectangles on my page,  the photos, the matts, and the ephemera are all in rectangular form!

I hope you get a chance to check out the entries from the talented artists that take part in this challenge every month.  And I want to thank Valerie and Art Journal Journey for creating this wonderful challenge. 

And thank you so much for stopping by my blog today.   Happy April! 

4 comments:

  1. I definitely see some geometric forms on your page Sharon. It's a fun page, and it is great seeing Abbey in the photos. I like how she is kissing you in one of them. Dogs are the best, aren't they? Thanks for sharing this super page with us at AJJ for Valerie's challenge. And I hope April is going well for you too. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see the geometric forms! Love your piece, and thanks for linking to my challenge at AJJ. And for the lovely shout out, much appreciated! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! There's always so much more to see on your pages once I start looking closely and I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous page - it's a great page for Valerie's AJJ theme, thanks for sharing, hugs Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!