Friday, August 18, 2023

Trust the Process . . . for ArtStacks!

 Hi everyone!  I'd like to share a page that I made for ArtStacks today:  

 

I made a mixed media art journal page using ArtStacks' newest releases!  They are Tracy Verdugo's Artist Series packs entitled Under the Sea and Love Lives Here:






Aren't they beautiful?  I couldn't wait to rip open the packages and start using them when they arrived in the mail.

Here is my mixed media art journal page:

I absolutely loved working with these new releases! I started with a pink background and added texture with stencils and white texture paste. I used Tracy Verdugo's Under the Sea pack and a couple of dies that I had in my stash to cut my pieces.    Next, I added the pieces that I had fussy cut and die cut from Tracy's beautiful art.  Finally, I added my title with pop dots.  The title was taken from Tracy's Love Lives Here pack.  



You can find Tracy Verdugo's Artist Series packs at www.artstacks.com.au/shop!
 
I am also linking my page to  Art Journal Journey Monthly's theme this month, which is
Where in the World?  

August is hosted by Chris from Pearshapedcrafting.   Chris says:  "I would like to see places, people, and customs, in fact, anything memorable about your chosen destinations.  It can be about somewhere you have visited, but it doesn't have to be."  

When I saw Chris's challenge this month, I knew that I wanted to enter! My page is about Under the Sea, which is an imaginative destination.    I visited "under the sea" when I swam in the ocean numerous times, and also when I was on a glass bottom boat off the coast of Florida a few years ago!

Thank you, Chris, and everyone at Art Journal Journey Monthly for your never-ending inspiration and encouragement!!!

And thank YOU for stopping by my blog today.  I hope you are enjoying August!

7 comments:

  1. Love your use of color! And the shapes are so interesting. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Sharon. I can tell you had a lot of fun making it. And I'm glad you shared it with us at AJJ for Chris' challenge too. Thank you. It makes me think of summer for certain. Have a great weekend. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is wonderful the composition and the colors to go with it.. i love it!
    Happy weekend, hug Elke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not being a swimmer, under the sea would not normally be my favourite place but this page is stuning

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, tried to change spelling on 'stunning' and published instead! Those papers are just perfect for your page. Thanks so much for sharing at AJJ and my theme, hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!