Monday, July 3, 2023

You Will Find Your Way Home . . . for More Than Words!

Hi everyone!   It's July and time for some new challenges.

The July Challenge at More Than Words opened this month:

For those of you who don't know, More Than Words is an art journaling challenge blog with one main theme to inspire you each month. 

Here is July's Challenge:



This month's theme is all about a MASH-UP. You can choose two or more themes from this year's challenges to inspire your pages.

Here are the January to June challenge themes:

  • January - Time
  • February - Love Letters
  • March - Home
  • April - Being Green
  • May - Celebrations
  • June - Art Supplies

And here's my art journal page:



My 12 x 12 mixed media page incorporates a MASH UP of four of our MTW themes as follows: the color GREEN, a CELEBRATION of owls, a quote about HOME, and my favorite ART SUPPLIES, which are ArtStacks packs. 

The owl, (entitled "Swoop") created by Kimberly Kohr, and the "Poppies," created by Amber Bennison, are both from the new Gelatin Printing Enthusiasts "Art & Nature" pack:  


And the quote is from Tamara Laporte's "Fabulous Faces" pack: 

All are from ArtStacks!  

I hope you can play along with us this month at More Than Words!

 
I am also linking my page up to July's Art Journal Journey Monthly challenge:
 
This month is hosted by Alison, whose blog is Craftytrogs Arty Adventures and her theme for July is "Come Fly With Me."
 
Alison says: "For this theme, you can use anything that flies.  Birds, Insects, fairies, aircraft, hot air balloons, etc,  can all be used on your pages.  I hope you have fun, and I'm looking forward to seeing your beautiful art!" 

And as you can see, the centerpiece of my page is the owl, which can definitely fly!  

I want to thank Alison and Art Journal Journey for this awesome challenge. 

And thank you so much for stopping by my blog today.  Enjoy July!

11 comments:

  1. Oh an owl. I just love owls, so this page is right up my alley. And I like how you combined those 2 challenges. I see the green and to me(at least) an owl is a celebration. You created a fun page, and it's perfect for Alison's challenge at AJJ. Thank you for linking up Sharon. I hope you've had a great start to July and happy 4th to you also. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful creation, Sharon, love the quote, too.
    Have a great month ahead xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic page. I responded to AJJ. I will also try my hand at Mash Up.

    Much💜love

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Sharon, fresh, fun, colourful and quirky, love it. Glad you liked the blond jokes on my blog, they were really fun! Have a good week, and happy July 4th. And thanks for linking to AJJ, much appreciated. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely wonderful page! Beautiful colours and I adore the owl. Take care. xxx💖💖💖

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could so use the owl in my travel journal for this month! I love it - so interesting. I love how you incorporated it into your wonderful journal page for AJJ, Sharon (fab colors, details, and background). You are always coming up with the best ideas! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is brilliant! Very creative how you used 4 of the themes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful romantic journal page with the owl!
    Have a lovely week, hug Elke

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a gorgeous page Sharon! I adore the owl!
    Thanks for joining my theme at AJJ.
    Alison

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!