Friday, July 7, 2023

My Happy Place . . . for Challenge YOUrself and Art Journal Journey Monthly!

 Hi everyone.  It's July 7th and time for a new challenge at Challenge YOUrself!

Challenge YOUrself #115 opened today:


This month's challenge is "My Happy Place." You can interpret the theme any way you like, for instance, it can be about a favorite place to travel, an area of your home that you love, etc. And as always, don't forget to include a photo with YOU in the frame!

Here is the page that I created for the challenge:


I started by using patterned paper from 49 and Market's Spectrum Sherbet collection.  I added the matted photo of John and me taken at the beach in Atlantic City a few years ago.  Next, I adhered the flying butterfly (and I LOVE when they show up in my happy place!!) from the tissue paper page of ArtStacks' Artsy Animals pack by Tamara Laporte:
 

The hearts, the leaves, the black dots are all embellishments that I have in my stash.  My title was made using letters and words that I have on hand, too.  I even added some stitching!

I hope you get a chance to check out Challenge YOUrself this month and play along with us!

I am also linking my page to Art Journal Journey Monthly's theme for July.   


This month is hosted by Alison - her blog is Craftytrogs Arty Adventures.   Alison's theme for July is "Come Fly With Me."
 
Alison says: "For this theme, you can use anything that flies.  Birds, Insects, fairies, aircraft, hot air balloons, etc,  can all be used on your pages.  I hope you have fun, and I'm looking forward to seeing your beautiful art!" 

I want to thank Alison and Art Journal Journey for July's wonderful challenge. 

And thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! 

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful scrap page, your work is always lovely. Thanks for linking to Allison's challenge at AJJ! Happy Friday, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some great elements in your happy place page Sharon. It has a lot of dimension. And it looks like a great happy place too, and that's a nice photo. I hope July has been going well for you, and thanks for joining Alison's challenge at AJJ. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful page and photo of you both Sharon!
    Thanks for joining in my theme at AJJ.
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pages. Happy Sunday

    Much💜love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, as always! As I was scrolling down, I was guessing your happy place would be the beach. And if not that, then possibly your own home/yard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful picture and page, Sharon. Love the colors, details, and butterfly. The foliage is my favorite part. So well done! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful place and idea in the Page! Beautiful!!!
    Happy sunday , hug Elke

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!