Friday, June 9, 2023

Our House . . . for ArtStacks!

Hi everyone!  I have another art journal page to share with you today.  It's my turn today to share a page I created for ArtStacks:  

 

I made a 12 x 12 mixed media art journal page using two of ArtStacks' amazing packs!

Here is my creation:


I started by making a background of teals, blues, and greens using my new Golden High Flow Acrylics:

I love their saturated colors!

Next, I added my "homes" by stenciling them onto the background using white acrylic paint and Tamara Laporte's stencil from Tam's Whimsy Series: 

I had this stencil in my stash and loved using it here.

I featured the incredible images from Tam's Artsy Animals pack:

And added the beautiful trees from ArtStacks' "Trees and Leaves" pack:


And finally, I added the lyrics to one of my favorite songs by Crosby Stills Nash and Young, entitled "Our House."  When I saw Tam's Artsy Animals pack, I knew I had to make this page. I really enjoyed creating it and can actually say that it's one of my favs!  

I hope you get to check out ArtStacks' blog for more info and to see all of their artists' creations!


 
And if you look closely, I have numbered three of the homes, so I am linking my page up to  Art Journal Journey Monthly's  June theme: 

This month is hosted by Matilde.  Her blog is Craftowanie and her theme for June is All About Numbers!" 
 
Matilde says:  I hope you will enjoy it and come and join us this month!
 
I want to thank Matilde and Art Journal Journey for the amazing and fun challenge.  I hope you get a chance to check out their site to see what all of the wonderful entries.

Thank YOU so much for stopping by my blog today.  Enjoy the rest of June!

11 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you like this theme, Sharon 😊 And your art work is so inspiring! Thanks for sharing 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely page with clever gorgeous composition 👍💗

    ReplyDelete
  3. This piece is brilliant, love all the colourful elements combined to make such a happy layout.. Short comment, I'm having computer problems, grrrr! Happy weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great page Sharon. I just love that song you used a quote too. I just returned home last night and it is very very good to be home-even if I have a huge pile of laundry to do-smile. I like your houses too, and how you snuck in the number. Thanks for joining us for Matilde's challenge at AJJ. And I hope you don't have too much wildfire smoke. Have a great weekend. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful and so sweet with the idea with the foxes and the house number!
    Happy day, Hug Elke

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful page Sharon. I love those sweet foxes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll be singing that Nash song all day long, now. It's a great song and so is your journal page. My two cats don't sit in the yard, but I can still appreciate this beautiful journal entry that also fit's Matilde's theme at AJJ. I definitely had to enlarge to see the numbers (grin).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very whimical and darling, Sharon. I love that you put numbers on the houses. The critters are fun too. Wonderful page! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOh this Art page is absolutelly Gorgeous Sharon! Love the beautiful stencils, the foxes, trees, and great colours. So good quote.
    I wish you a great Friday and weekend
    Big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like that "Trees and Leaves" pack.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the quote and the cats are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!