Monday, February 1, 2021

Silly Faces . . . for Scrap the Boys!

Hi everyone!

Welcome February!  It has been quite a year so far for my family, but I am happy to report that we are all fine and on the mend now.  Here's the story:

My husband and daughter, Katie were the first to get cold symptoms and a fever - around the 2nd week of January, then Anne, and finally me.  We all tested positive for the Covid-19 virus.  It started out being pretty scary,  because John was very sick with a nasty cough and shortness of breath.  His doctor was wonderful - he had many at home virtual visits and phone calls with her, took healing antibiotics, steroids, and an inhaler, and he finally turned to corner this past Thursday.  He is able to work from home and recuperate, which eases my mind a little.  The rest of us will be returning to the real world this week.  I have been depressed and exhausted, with my mom passing away on December 30, trying to care for and provide meals for my sick family, and taking care of cleaning and disinfecting everything in our home daily, and getting sick myself.  I have never been so happy to return back to work in my whole life! We received lots of prayers and support from our neighbors, coworkers, and family which helped bring us through.  I and sending a great big thank you to them from the bottom of my heart!❤

So . . . today marks a new month and with that comes a new challenge at Scrap the Boys!

This is the February Sketch Challenge:

And here is my design team take:

I used a favorite photo taken at Disney World during our family trip on 2007.  My husband and brother-in-law were trying on hats at the Norway Pavilion after we rode the Maelstrom flume - which we found to be a scary reverse flume ride with dark marshes, frightening trolls and demonic gods!  LOL!!!  Anyway, I love this photo of the 2 of them acting silly, so I had to use it here.  My supplies included watercolors and Echo Park "Magical Adventure" paper and stickers, all in my stash!!

And some close-ups:


I hope you get a chance to play along with the February challenge at Scrap the Boys!  


Please stay safe and healthy!  

Thank you very much for stopping by my blog today.  Hugs to one and all.

4 comments:

  1. Oh dear.. I am soo glad to hear that you are all doing so much better.. how scary that must have been and I hope you all recover to great health soon.. I love your take on the sketch, love the fun in the photo and love how you have made the sketch your own.. do take care and be well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear that your family went through this. Thank goodness you're all OK.

    Love how whimsical and fun your layout is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheer- OMGeee! Gorgeous as always. What a time you had of it! So glad to hear you are back to work and all feeling better. So scary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a extraordinary silly theme, I love it! A very appropriate theme to work with considering what happened the last few months. The photo is the best!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!