Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Beginnings . . . for More Than Words!

Hi everyone!

Today I am sharing my very first layout made for the More Than Words design team!

Here is this month's challenge board:


 
Their monthly Main Challenge is based on a word inspiration and a creative challenge. The word inspiration can appear on your project, or not, but you must show how you have been inspired by it. The creative challenge must be used on your project!
 
This month's main challenge:
                   
Word Inspiration - BEGINNINGS
Creative Challenge - WASHI TAPE
 
 And here is my completed page:

The word BEGINNINGS made me think of how my family life is going to change in 2021. My oldest daughter has started the process to attend graduate school and my youngest daughter will be graduating from high school and then attending college. It totally made me think that our lives are ever changing and BEGINNING new every year! I added WASHI TAPE on my banner across the bottom of my page. I folded the washi tape over the twine, and cut it to resemble a banner. I also placed it and at various areas throughout my layout, like under the word Joyful Memories on my photo, and over the word fun at the top of my page.
 
To get a better look at where I used Washi Tape, here are some close-ups:


I used the Cocoa Vanilla Studio Merry & Bright collection to make my page.  I also scattered various stamping around my page - I used stamps that were in my stash.
 
I hope you get a chance to check out the More Than Words main challenge this month. Also, they are changing the way they run their challenges this year. There are now prizes specifically for four different regions:  Aussies and New Zealanders,  Europe, USA, and the Rest of the World.  Head over to their blog for all the details. We can't wait to see all of your entries.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today.  Hugs!!!

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful scrap page design and fun details Sharon.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautifully composed page Sharon- delightful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - I can't believe Anne is already graduating! Where is she hoping to go for college?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so lovely! the photo is precious too..

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so lovely, pretty colours and design Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true, life is full of new beginnings. Hope this beginning is a happy, safe, and healthy one. Exceptional layout that is very meaningful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice information, it is valuable and useful to so many people. Thanks for sharing this topic.

    Considerable Guidelines to be able to Acquire Black Satta King game Effortlessly! Significant Tips and Tricks to Win Satta King Game Easily!

    Get Satta All Results:-

    Satta King
    Satta King
    Satta King
    Satta King
    Satta King

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!