Sunday, February 7, 2021

Love!

Hi everyone!  It's the 7th of the month, and with that brings a new challenge at Challenge YOUrself. The main requirement for this challenge site is to use a photo with YOU in the frame.  

This month's theme is about celebrating love:

When I saw this challenge, I knew exactly which photo I wanted to use:

My daughter, Anne, snapped this one quickly when my hubby reached over to give me a kiss during our Christmas card photo shoot at the end of November last year.

I am also entering my page into the Reneabouquets Artists With An Edge February 2021 Mood Board Challenge:

For all of the details about this Reneabouquets challenge, please check out their facebook page here!
 
And I am linking page up to Art Journal Journey Monthly's February challenge:
 
Valerie is hosting this month and her theme is "Heavy Metal!"  I had Prima metal flowers in my stash and used 2 of them in my flower cluster under my photo!  Thank you, Valerie, for the wonderful challenge for February!

Here is the page that I came up with:

I love this photo of the two of us and think it depicts the love John and I still have for each other after almost 31 years of marriage.  Sure, we have our fights, but our love always endures.  I thank God every day for that blind date John and I had back in 1990!   

Enough of the schmaltz, now onto my layout details . . .

I used the Blue Fern Studio "Eclectic Charm" collection.  The chipboard frame is a "Lavender Lilac Heart Frame die cut" and is laser cut chipboard.  Both the Blue Fern Studios paper collection and laser cut chipboard were purchased at the amazing Reneabouets' Etsy store.  I also used cheese cloth, pearls, lace flowers, and Prima metal flowers that I had on hand.

Here are some different views:



I hope you get a chance to play along with Challenge YOUrself, Art Journal Journey Monthly, and Reneabouquets Artists With An Edge Mood Board challenge this month!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today.  Happy February! HUGS.

13 comments:

  1. Oh this page is gorgeous! I love the back ground colors and the touch of lace and the stunning cascade of blooms and lacey flowers, it all looks so lovely.. and the photo.. what a great little moment of love too.. and yes marriage has its ups and downs but oh so worth it when you can say you have been married for 30 plus years.. next year I will have been married for 40 years.. YAAKKSS!! thats a long time..hehe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful layout! I love how you used all of those flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful LO, congrats 👏👏👏👏 all flowers are genial😊
    Hugs and blessing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful journal page, and great that you are both so happy with one another after all this time. Love the beautiful heart and the flowers! Thanks so much for joining us at AJJ, much appreciated. Sorry I haven't been around, I have been in a clinic since the beginning of December, but am feeling better now. Stay safe, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Congrats on (almost) 31 years!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous page, and I love that sweet photo of you and hubby!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great photo Sharon. It made me smile. And I love how you used it on your page. This is a gorgeous page. The colors and flowers are amazing. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Art Journal Journey. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful, this Photo very nice!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful way to preserve a favourite photograph. Your composition is stunning and so pretty yet not devoid of some masculinity with the metal pieces. Lovely!
    Hugs, Neet x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful in so many ways. The love you have for each other does shine through and then your framing and flowers are amazing. Gorgeous page, wonderful words, and so many great details. Charming post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for Annie! Nice to see your work again Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, so beautiful. I love the designs and flowers, the photo, and esp the poem. How true!
    Spectacular!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!