Saturday, September 7, 2024

Joyful Christmas . . . for Challenge YOUrself and Art Journal Journey Monthly

 Hi everyone.  It's September and time for a new challenge at Challenge YOUrself:

Challenge YOUrself #129 opened on September 7th and closes on October 4th:


This month's challenge is to create a project using lots of patterned paper.  (And as always, to include at least one photo of YOU!)

Here is my mixed media scrapbook page that I created for this challenge:

I came across an old photo of  my daughter, Anne, and me taken at my mom's house on Christmas Day, 2006!  I just love this happy photo!! For the challenge, I used five different patterned papers, including my background paper,  and they are all from Cocoa Vanilla Studio's Christmas papers, their "Merry & Bright" and "Joyful" collections.  I had so much fun tearing and layering paper.

I hope you get a chance to check out  Challenge YOUrself this month!  We would love to see YOUR rainbow inspired projects.




I am also linking my page up to Art Journal Journey's September challenge:


This month is hosted by Aimeslee from Paper Paisleys Art Adventure. Her theme for September is “Anything Goes!” 
She says:  "This is my favorite theme of al times because it probably speaks to the eclectic, nonconformist in me!"

I love this theme, too! 

I hope you get a chance to check out the Anything Goes entries from all of the talented artists that take part in AJJ challenges every month.  And I would like to thank Aimeslee and Art Journal Journey for having this fun challenge. 

And thank YOU so much for stopping by my blog today.   Enjoy your September! 

7 comments:

  1. What a fun photos Sharon. I like your torn and layered paper too. It adds such great texture and reminds me of layering garland. Thanks for joining Aimeslee's challenge at AJJ. And happy September to you also. Hope you're having a great month so far. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you chose so many pretty Christmas papers and ephemera to comp;liment the charming photo you chose. It is perfect for Aimeslee's theme at AJJ. Thanks for sharing this beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice journal pages. Happy Sunday.I invite you to link to SundaySmiles every Sunday at
    my blog

    much♡love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great LO and a reminder that Christmas is not that far away. I do like the idea of the torn strips of paper to edge the page. Funnily enough I did a workshop yesterday which was "Festive September" and we did quick Christmas cards. I love making them but this year the postage is going up - again - and so I doubt I will send as many.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous page! The photo made me smile and I love the pretty colour palette and all those ripped papers, beautifully festive 😊. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful page Sharon and I love that photo of you and your daughter, so sweet. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, thank YOU for another great page to link up at AJJ, Sharon! I love a good scrapbook layout and what a fabulous photo of you and your adorable daughter. It's a perfect Christmas memory capture! XOX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!