Monday, August 12, 2024

Say Cheese for Challenge YOUrself and Art Journal Journey Monthly!

 Hi everyone.  It's August and time for a new challenge at Challenge YOUrself:

Challenge YOUrself #128 opened on August 7th,  and closes on September 4th:

This month's challenge is to be inspired by a rainbow.  (And as always, to include at least one photo of YOU!)

Here is the mixed media scrapbook page that I created for this challenge:
I used a favorite photo of friends of mine (and me!) taken at my friend's fall gathering last year. I especially like that I am holding one of my friend's seeing eye dog puppies that she helps to raise.  I started with a white piece of 12 x 12 Bazzill cardstock.  Next, I layered some patterned paper that I had in my stash, then used 2 different ArtStacks packs to make my page.  The rainbow and the colorful hearts from Lisa Oxley's "Bright and Bold" pack and the black butterflies from ArtStacks' "Tissue Backgrounds" pack.  You can head over to www.artstacks.com.au/shop to see these amazing packs in detail!

I hope you get a chance to check out  Challenge YOUrself this month!  We would love to see YOUR rainbow inspired projects.




I am also linking my page up to Art Journal Journey's August challenge:


This month is hosted by Jo from Let’s Art Journal. Her theme for August is “Wonderfully Wild.” 
She says:  "This could be about a wild animal, a wildly colored background, or even a wild quote, or maybe wild flowers or you could go wild with your design!"
 
As you can see, I added the wildly beautiful rainbow and butterflies to my page!

I hope you get a chance to check out the all wildly gorgeous entries from the talented artists that take part in this challenge every month.  And once again, I want to thank Jo and Art Journal Journey for having this amazing challenge. 

And thank you so much for stopping by my blog today.   Enjoy the rest of August! 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon, thanks so much for joining us at AJJ with your beautiful creation. All nature is beautiful and wild! Have a great week, hope you are feeling well, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fabulous picture of you and your friends and I love your happy design 😊. The colours, rainbow and all those butterflies look so beautiful. Thanks so much for joining us at Art Journal Journey! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a happy, beautiful mixed media page 😊💗

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first thing I noticed was the explosion of butterflies and who doesn't love butterflies! Then I focused on the photo of you holding that puppy. What a noble cause, too. Thanks for sharing this remarkable spread with us at AJJ using Jo's theme. This is a very charming entry with great composition, Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely page supporting a wonderful ladies work. Love how you have tied it to Jo's theme at AJJ with the rainbow and the wonderful explosion of butterflies.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous page Sharon! I love the pretty papers and that cute pup.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!