Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Summer . . . for Challenge YOUrself and Art Journal Journey!

 Hi everyone.  It's November 7th and time for a new challenge at Challenge YOUrself!

Challenge YOUrself #119 opened today:



This month's challenge is to use this PageMaps sketch as the basis for your projects.  

You can interpret the sketch any way you like, but as always, please remember to include a photo with YOU in the frame somewhere on your project.

Here is the scrapbook page that I created for the challenge:



I had this photo, a favorite one, of John and me, taken during our summer family vacation in 2015!  I used my 49 and Market Vintage Artistry Sunburst - Ultimate Page Kit to make my page.  I found that is was so  much fun making this page, using the sketch and kit. 

I hope you get a chance to check out Challenge YOUrself this month and play along with us!


I am also linking my page to Art Journal Journey Monthly's theme for September.   



This month is hosted by Jo from Let's Art Journal.  Her theme for November is Nature.   
Jo says: "I love nature and there are so many possibilities for this theme."  

As you can see, my page encompases nature during summer and has sand, water, a starfish, grasses, a sea turtle, and a butterfly.  What would a summer vacation be without the wonders of nature?

I hope you get a chance to check out the entries from the talented artists that take part in this challenge every month.  And I want to thank Jo and Art Journal Journey for November's wonderful challenge.

And thank you so much for stopping by my blog today.   Have a wonderful November! 

8 comments:

  1. What a fun page Sharon. I can see why you love this photo. You both look so nice in it. And I love all the bits of nature you added, including that turtle. He looks great on the page, splish-splashing as your quote says. I'm glad you were able to join Jo's challenge at AJJ. Happy November to you also. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops, and I forgot to say thank you too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful and cheery page, it's perfect for Jo's AJJ theme. Thanks for sharing, hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must have been relatively easy to build this page up when you had such a lovely photo of the two of you to begin with. Happy memories too to build around the photo, so I imagining you got so much enjoyment whilst doing this journal page.
    I love the lettering and all the different things that went into making this page such a joy to see.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful page! I love the turtle and bright foliage and fauna in the background ❤️. That's such a lovely photo of you both too, I can see why it's a favourite of yours 😊. Thanks so much for joining us at AJJ! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Although nature took a back stage to your fabulous photo of you and your husband, nature was still there in the form of the turtle, grasses, sand, starfish, and butterfly. Lovely art, Sharon. Thanks for sharing this at Art Journal Journey using Jo's nature theme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful summer page. Such bright colors and full of nature. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!