Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Do You Believe In Magic? . . . for Challenge YOUrself and Art Journal Journey Monthly!

 Hi everyone.  It's June 7th and time for a new challenge at Challenge YOUrself!

Challenge YOUrself #114 opened today:

This month's challenge is  "What's Your Favorite Song?" (You can interpret the theme any way you like.) And as always, include a photo with YOU!

Here is the page that I made for the challenge:


I started by using an already printed background from one of Vicki Boutin's Ready To Use Mixed Media Paper pads.  I added my photo (of John and me) taken in Cabo San Lucas a few weeks ago!  Next, I added flowers, the #1, and various embellishments that I had in my stash.  I made my title "Do You Believe in Magic?" because I love the song written by John Sebastian of the Lovin Spoonful.  It was released in 1965 and I still tap my foot and sing along when I hear it today!

I hope you get a chance to check out Challenge YOUrself this month and play along with us!

I am also linking my page to Art Journal Journey Monthly's theme for June.   

This month is hosted by Matilde.  Her blog is Craftowanie and her theme for June is
"All About Numbers."
 
Matilde says:  I hope you will enjoy it and come and join us this month!
 
Thank you, Matilde and Art Journal Journey for this fun challenge.  


Thank YOU for stopping by my blog today!  I wish you all a very happy June.


8 comments:

  1. A great idea from you and also to create a journal page with this song. Wonderful!!!
    Happy Day,hug Elke

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely photo of you both. This is a fabulous 'feel good' page Sharon ! Clearly a #1 class page for Matilde's AJJ theme, hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that song, and it’s perfect for your page and for talking about your #1. I love your photo and the happy page you created with it. And it’s also the perfect page for AJJ. Thanks for joining us for Matilde’s challenge. Hope June is treating you well. Hugs Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharon, beautiful art as always, thanks so much for linking to Matilde's challenge! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always, I love all the little details. Such a fun layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I ever decide to create a scrapbook page, I will come to you for guidance. You make the most beautiful ones around. Just stunning and filled with detail. Amazing what you do with a single photo, too. Thanks for also sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey using Matilde's theme.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!