Thursday, June 1, 2023

Live in Color . . . for More Than Words!

Hi everyone! It's a new month - YAY!  

June 1st is here and it's time for some new challenges.

The June Challenge at More Than Words opened today!

For those of you who don't know, More Than Words has simplified their art journal challenges this year to make it easier to participate!! They have one main theme to inspire you each month and they hope that you get a chance to join in on the fun each month!

This month's theme is Art Supplies. Feel free to interpret the theme in any way that you like. You can talk about and use your favorite art supplies or try something new if you like.

Here is June's Challenge:



And here's my art journal page:


I loved creating this art journal page about color because without it, there would be no art! I had fun using my favorite art supplies: stencils, inks, stamps, stickers and die cut ephemera from Vickie Boutin's Color Study collection. And I especially liked creating with some of my favorite ArtStacks images from Tamara Laporte's Artist Series packs.  I think that the beautiful images of the owl and the butterflies from Tamara Laporte's "Artsy Animals" pack are perfect here.  And when I saw the AJJ theme this month, I added some stamped numbers to my page.

My hope is that you will join the challenge at More Than Words his month!

 
I am also linking my page to April's Art Journal Journey Monthly challenge:
 
 
This month is hosted by Matilde.  Her blog is Craftowanie and her theme for June is All About Numbers!" 
 
Matilde says:  I hope you will enjoy it and come and join us this month!
 
I want to thank Matilde and Art Journal Journey for the awesome challenge!  And  I cannot wait to see what all of the talented AJJ artists create.

And thank you for stopping by my blog today.  Have a wonderful June.

11 comments:

  1. how clever to add the numbers, such a cute page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice and Fabulous color combi and with the numbers as a clock, hug Elke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page 👏🤩 hugs and blessing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous journal page, love the colours. Thanks so much for linking to AJJ. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic journal page, Sharon. Your page has a riot of color. It is fabulous. What a bold and beautiful way to add the numbers to this spread. It is actually the perfect entry for Matilde's theme at AJJ.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous page Sharon! I love that bird. Thanks so much for joining us at AJJ, hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think art supplies and numbers go together perfectly, as your page shows Sharon. I love that colorful bird! It’s also dun to be able to combine multiple challenges together, isn’t it? Happy June to you. Hugs -Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore your style and creativity! Beautiful page, Sharon 😍

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy June! This year is flying! I love your fun and colorful page! Yes definitely need color in our llives, how dull things would be if it was all black and white!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!