Wednesday, May 31, 2023

You are Extraordinary . . . for ArtStacks!

 Hi everyone!  It's the last day of May and I have one more art journal page to share for ArtStacks this month:  

 

This time, I made a 12 x 12 mixed media art journal page.  I made it using ArtStacks' Artsy Animals and Fabulous Faces packs from Tamara Laporte's Artist Series new releases:  



Here is my art journal page:

I started with a watercolor background of teals, blues, and greens, then added some white stenciling.  I featured the incredible image of the cow from Tam's Artsy Animals pack.  It really stood out for me because my family has always had a love of cows.  We walk by a farm down the street from our home every morning, and when they are out, the cows run over to the fence to greet our dog, Abbey!  They make my heart sing every time!!!

I've also added some flowers and other Vicki Boutin embellishments to add some whimsy!  (Also, the hanging black star is a tissue paper image from Tam's Fabulous Faces pack!)

 
And even though it's the last day of May,  I still would like to link this up page to  Art Journal Journey Monthly's Flowers theme

This month is hosted by Aimeslee Winans.  You can check out her blog here:  Paper Paisleys Art Adventures. 
 
Aimeslee's theme for May is FLOWERS.  She says:  "One thing I dearly love about both seasons  (Spring and Fall) are the many flowers that bloom, so I have chosen flowers as our theme for May."

Thank you, Art Journal Journey and Aimeslee!  I had so much fun creating this page!! 

And thank YOU so much for stopping by my blog today.  I cannot wait to see what June has in store for us!

6 comments:

  1. Very sweet and so beautiful this journal page!I love this colors!, hug Elke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who doesn’t love a colorful cow! They are sweet animals. This page is fun Sharon, and I am glad you could join us at AJJone more time for Aimeslee’s challenge before it ends. The flowers are such a nice addition and I like the idea of a cow in a field full
    Of
    Blooms. Happy start to June, and thank you for joining us. Hugs Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a lovely page Sharon. As a child there were always lots of cows around- such beautiful creatures. I especially love how you framed the image, Thanks for this great finale for AJJ, hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm getting in under the wire to tell you how much I love this latest scrapbook/journal page you have given us. I love the subtle white stenciling you used in the background. And of course, I fell in love with the flowers, too. This is a stunning entry for Aimeslee's theme at Art Journal Journey and I LOVE it, Sharon.



    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love this, especially the cow!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!