Monday, May 8, 2023

Let the Wind Blow Back Your Hair . . . for ArtStacks!

  Hi everyone!  It's my turn to share an art journal page for ArtStacks:  

 

This time, I made a 12 x 12 mixed media art journal page.  I made it using ArtStacks' Fabulous Faces pack from Tamara Laporte's Artist Series new releases:  


Here's my project:

I started with a watercolor background of teals, blues, and purples, then added some black stenciling and stamping.  I featured the beautiful tissue paper image from Tam's Fabulous Faces pack.  I thought it was perfect for these Bruce Springsteen lyrics from his song "Thunder Road."  I chose to make my page about Springsteen's song from his "Born to Run" album because it was one of my favorites when I was attending college.  (To me, it exuded the feeling of freedom.)

And if you look closely, you can see little white flowers and stars that I added to her hair for extra magic!  Also, the hanging black moon and star are tissue paper images from the same pack!

 
In addition, I am linking this up page to  Art Journal Journey Monthly!  Their fabulous theme for May is Flowers

This month is hosted by Aimeslee Winans.  You can check out her blog here:  Paper Paisleys Art Adventures. 
 
Aimeslee's theme for May is FLOWERS.  She says:  "One thing I dearly love about both seasons  (Spring and Fall) are the many flowers that bloom, so I have chosen flowers as our theme for May."

Thank you, Art Journal Journey and Aimeslee!  I loved creating this page and want to thank you for the added inspiration.

And thank YOU so much for stopping by my blog!  Wishing you a wonderful May.

10 comments:

  1. She's amazing Sharon. And I wonder if she is in San Francisco with those flowers in her hair-sorry, that old song just jumped into my head. This is another really lovely page. And flowers in May are always welcome, aren't they? I like the artsy feel you created her. You definitely have a great range. Thanks again for joining us for Aimeslee's challenge. Have a great new week. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. This works perfectly with that song - the whole vibe just screams freedom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful fantastic designed pages!
    Have a good day, hug Elke

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning page Sharon, and I love the Bruce lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous page - I love the gorgeous colours for the background. Your happy girl is beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at AJJ once more! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous page, love the colours and layout. Hugs Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really am liking the projects you make using the digital elements, Sharon. This one evokes a feeling of freedom, too! Thanks again for sharing it at AJJ Flowers, XOX

    ReplyDelete
  8. This really appeals to me. I love faces, they fascinate me, the bone structure, the colouring, the way the hair falls onto the face, all the features. Everything. And what you have done in using this face in your work is stunning. I love the white space, the amount of colour you have used and the face you chose itself.
    Thank you for such an inspirational piece.
    Sorry I am so late in commenting, have been poorly and am trying to catch up on comments.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is Wonderful Art page Sharon ! Absolutely gorgeous, love the tissu image, the stamps, colours and every details.
    I wish you a great Friday and weekend
    Big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the "Bruce" quote! What a fantastic page!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!