Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Stand Out From The Crowd . . . for ArtStacks and Art Journal Journey Monthly!

 Hi everyone!  Today I'd like to share a 12 x 12 mixed media art journal page that I made for ArtStacks


I made this page using ArtStacks' "All Dressed Up" pack: 

Here is  my completed page

I featured the images of the royal soldiers who are all dressed the same, except for one!!  I picked the quote from the "words and phrases" page from the same pack because (of course!) it's absolutely perfect for this image.  And if you look closely behind the soldiers, you can see paint splats, glitter, hearts, flowers and a tiny bird, just for fun!

 
I am also linking this up page to May's theme at  Art Journal Journey Monthly:

This month is hosted by Aimeslee Winans whose blog is Paper Paisleys Art Adventures.
 
Aimeslee's theme for May is FLOWERS.  She says:  "One thing I dearly love about both seasons  (Spring and Fall) are the many flowers that bloom, so I have chosen flowers as our theme for May"

Thank you  Art Journal Journey and Aimeslee!! It's been fun to see what everyone has created so far, and cannot wait to see what's next, too.

And thank YOU so much for stopping by my blog!  Have a happy May.

13 comments:

  1. ooo i love this! great quote and the soldiers are so cute and the one who is just being different looks so good! I love the bright blue color on the back ground! I hope your May is off to a good start!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is another fun page Sharon. I like how you added the Royal Guards in the (mostly) red coats. Perfect for the big coronation this weekend. and those flowers are very cool. They're nicely abstract. The blue and pink flowers really set off the red jackets so well. I hope May is going well for you. Thanks for joining us at AJJ. Hugs Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very fun post. I´ve got stripes to join you tomorrow :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like both of them but for different reasons. First one shows the problem when you don´t know what to wear. The second one has a very beautiful design :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to laugh at this entry, Sharon. That Royal guard in the blue coat really DOES stand out. It's also a very timely page, with the coronation coming up this weekend. I love the flowers that are hanging down on the page, too. Thanks for another great entry at AJJ using Aimeslee's theme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a espectacular post Sharon ! Love so much your layout, it´s so funny with the soldiers. The background is amazing, full of details. Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I wish you a great day,
    Big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  7. The trailing blossom is beautiful as it comes down the page, very subtle and beautifully shaped. That is a super page, love the soldiers (we will see lots of those on our TV's this weekend no doubt) and so very topical for us here in the UK with the Coronation taking place this weekend.
    I do like how you have left some white space and just added the right amount of colour behind the Guardsmen. The tiny flowers and birds make it an even more joyous occasion.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great design pages!
    Hug Elke

    ReplyDelete
  9. This really is a fabulous page - love the guardsmen and the great quote. Thanks for sharing at AJJ and Aimeslee's theme, hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is fun. Such a cool use of those images and love the incorporation of flowers. Super creative. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pague 💐😊👏👏👏👏happy weekend

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!