Sunday, May 7, 2023

#Bunnies . . . for Challenge YOUrself and Art Journal Journey Monthly!

Hi everyone.  It's May 7th and time for a new challenge at Challenge YOUrself!

Challenge YOUrself #113 opens today:

 

This month's challenge is to "get messy!" (You can interpret the theme any way you like, you don't have to use inks!) And as always, include a photo with YOU!

Here is the page that I made for the challenge:




I started by stitching patterned paper onto my 12 x 12 white, watercolor paper.  Next I used aqua and pink inks that I had in my stash to create my "messy" background.  I decided to use a grid pattern and placed my photos and embellishments here.  Finally, I added flowers and leaves for fun!  I made my title #Bunnies after the funny photos that my husband and brother-in-law took on Easter Sunday this year!  And I would like to give credit to Missy Whidden as I was inspired by one of her layouts made for Hip Kit Club.  I'm sorry I don't know the date it was made!

I hope you get a chance to check out Challenge YOUrself this month and play along with us!

I am also linking my page to Art Journal Journey Monthly's theme for May.   

This month is hosted by Aimeslee  - her blog is Paper Paisleys Art Adventures. 
 
Aimeslee's theme for May is FLOWERS.  She says:  "One thing I dearly love about both seasons  (Spring and Fall) are the many flowers that bloom, so I have chosen flowers as our theme for May"

What a wonderful theme! Thank you  Art Journal Journey and Aimeslee!! It's been fun to see what all of the talented artists have created so far.


And thank YOU for stopping by my blog today!  I wish you all a very happy May.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for another wonderful journal page, so beautiful, as always. And thanks for linking to AJJ! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun page (and a fun time with friends by the look of it) Thanks for another great entry at AJJ, hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is another great page Sharon. And nice photos too! I like how you are celebrating a fun day with this fun page. I love the "bunnies" you are sharing. I hope you are getting some spring weather. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a fun time you had and such a fun layout too! Thanks for sharing it at AJJ Flowers, XOX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos, and wonderful page! Very Easter-ish!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!