Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Take Me Home . . . for More Than Words and AJJ Monthly!

Hi everyone! It's March 1st and time for some new challenges . . .

First, the March Challenge at More Than Words opened today!

More Than Words has simplified their challenges this year and the challenge will no longer have two parts. Instead, it has one main theme to inspire you - this month it's all about HOME.   Feel free to be inspired by the theme in any way that speaks to you.

More Than Words is looking forward to seeing what you do with their challenge prompt this month, and if you need more inspiration, their new digital magazine is amazing.   Inside there are weekly prompts and lots of other things to inspire you. You can check it out at their blog here.

And without further ado, here is their March Challenge:

And here's is my finished art journal page:


Ever since my college days, I have loved John Denver's song about HOME. (And that was a long time ago! LOL!) I featured those lyrics on my art journal page, along with the gorgeous ArtStacks' (tissue paper) tree with the swing, from the "Trees and Leaves" pack. This definitely reminds me of my grandparent's home.

The background paper that I used is from the 49 and Market "Spectrum Sherbet" collection. And the beautiful tissue paper tree is from the ArtStacks "Trees and Leaves" pack.

I hope that you get a chance to check More Than Words his month!

I am also linking my page to the March Art Journal Journey Monthly challenge: 
 
This month is hosted by Valerie of Bastelmania!  Her awesome theme is ANYTHING GOES!  She says . . . This is a good time to journal your heart out, play around, try things you haven't done beforehand, experiment with different mediums etc.
 
 Thanks so much, Art Journal Journey and Valerie for your wonderful inspiration!

And thank you for stopping by my blog today.  Enjoy March.  We woke up to 3 inches of snow!

9 comments:

  1. Happy new month Sharon. I love your home page. That tree is an amazing centerpiece. And I like how you used that John Denver song. We've got fresh snow too, and more coming. Isn't it March? Smile. Thanks so much for joining us for Valerie's challenge at AJJ. hugs, Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home page is fabulous, Sharon, and that song is one of my favesy, too - I'm singing already! Thanks so much for joining my challenge at AJJ, much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an entire altered book devoted to house and home, so this journal page really spoke to me. I especially like the swing on the tree. Just the perfect addition to make this truly feel like home, Sharon. Thanks for this lovely journal entry at Art Journal Journey using Valerie's theme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the John Denver song too and this is a home to go back to for sure! Who wouldn't want to sit on that swing? Wonderful, thanks for sharing at AJJ, hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The home pag is wonderful art!!!! The song is great!!!
    Hug-Elke

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that song too. Actually, I love anything by John Denver. Beautiful page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A favourite old song, on a beautiful page... lovely! Happy March!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely feeling to this, Sharon. Feels so welcoming and is really pretty. Great way to reflect the inspiration photo and home theme. Fab details and supplies! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. I simply adore this, I love the John Denver quote and the use of black and white and yellow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!