Friday, February 24, 2023

Tears in Heaven . . . for ArtStacks!

 Hi everyone!  It's my turn to share my February art journal page made for ArtStacks  . . .


I really enjoy working with ArtStacks'  packs and love that they work so well together:  I used the following packs:

The black and white striped paper is from Deb Weiers' Wonky Backgrounds:  

 

The figure of the boy and the little sign are from All Dressed Up:

 
The boy's wings, the butterflies, and the stack of books that he's sitting on are from Wings & Things:


 The window frame was used from the Doors &Windows pack:


And here is my art journal page:  

I made my page featuring the figure of the boy from the All Dressed Up pack with his beautiful wings from the Wings and Things pack.  My quote is from Eric Clapton's song "Tears in Heaven." 

I seem to always go through a sad period at the beginning of every new year when I think about my beloved family members that have passed away.  I would have never guessed that family gatherings for holidays would be so small as I get older.  But I am comforted by my family and my faith, and know that spring will soon be here.  Working on pages such as these are very therapeutic for me, too!

If you are looking for more information about ArtStacks, you can check out all the available packs in more detail here.  And while you are there you should head over to their blog, too! You'll learn more about all of the talented members of the design team and see their amazing works of art.

I am also linking my page to the February Art Journal Journey Monthly challenge: 
 
This month is hosted by Erika from BioArtGal,  her theme is "Seeing Red" and I have included red paint splats on my page. Thanks so much, Art Journal Journey and Erika, for the inspiration this month.

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today!

 
Wishing all of you a happy February and hope that it's filled with lots of crafting!

5 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about a bit of sadness starting a new year. I get it too, especially right after the holidays. Family gatherings have gotten too small. But on the happy side, I love those red dots on your page. Actually your whole page is beautiful and you used some fantastic Art Stacks bits. Especially the wings. Thank you for linking up again this month to AJJ Sharon. It is much appreciated. I hope you are having a nice February and didn't get any of this latest winter storm that blew across the country. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Sharon! This page is absolutely brilliant - I need to use up more of my paper pile to be able to justify buying some ArtStack papers! Thanks so much for joining in with Erika's theme at AJJ, hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful and meaningful page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hoping to catch up before we change hosts at AJJ. This is such a sad and soulful scrapbook page, Sharon. I can actually feel the pain as I watched the entry and read the words we all know so well. Thanks for sharing this with us at AJJ using Erika's theme.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!