Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Don't Hate. Meditate. For Challenge YOUrself and Art Journal Journey Monthly!

 Hi everyone. It's February 7th!  

That means it's time for a new challenge at Challenge YOUrself!

Here's Challenge YOUrself #110:

Challenge YOUrself #110 opened February 7th, and closes on March 4th.  This month's theme is Meditation. This month, they'd like you to create a layout about meditation and or the ways you meditate.  You can make it about meditation for ourselves and our world, it can be about why you enjoy meditation, or simply how you relax and meditate!  It's your choice how you interpret this theme. (And please don't forget to include a photo with YOU on your page.

Here is the project that I made for the challenge:

I used 12 x 12 paper, specifically the flip side of "Typeset" from Vicki Boutin's new Print Shop collection to make my page.  I also used the stamps and stencil from this collection.  I like Challenge YOUrself's theme this month because my hope is find ways to stop hatred and meditation is a good start.

You can check out Challenge YOUrself this month and play along with us.  We'd love to see what you create for the Meditation challenge!

I am also entering my page in the Art Journal Journey Monthly  challenge for February.  

This month is hosted by Erika at BioArtGal and her theme is Seeing Red.  I used a red background around my title to help it to stand out and added touches of red (dots) to my page.

Thank you, Erika and AJJ for the inspiration!  And thank YOU for stopping by my blog today!  I wish you all a very happy February!

6 comments:

  1. I really need to try this minimalist red because it works so well. I think the red pops more with less of it. I like how you made the background too Sharon. What a cool page. Thanks for sharing with us at AJJ. It's much appreciated. Hope February is going well for you. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tiniest bit of red - so powerful! Great page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to get your message across. Hate has taken over our country and I hope your impressive meditation truly IS the answer. Thanks for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey using Erika's theme. dear Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This page is really calming, those little pops of red are just enough to rest on the blue page. A super page for Erika’s AJJ theme, hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!