Wednesday, February 1, 2023

#Love . . . for More Than Words and Art Journal Journey Monthly!

Hi everyone! It's February1st  and time for some new challenges . . .

First, the February Challenge at More Than Words opened today!

More Than Words has simplified their challenges this year and the challenge will no longer have two parts. Instead, it has one main theme to inspire you - this month it's all about LOVE LETTERS and LOVE.   Feel free to be inspired by the theme in any way that speaks to you.

More Than Words is looking forward to seeing what you do with their challenge prompt this month, and if you need more inspiration, their new digital magazine is amazing.   Inside there are weekly prompts as well as details of where to download the free printables available for the February challenge.  You can check it out at their blog post here.

Please note - they made the decision to cancel the Mini Challenge from the schedule.
  If you are sad about this, they would like to hear from you because if there is enough interest, they may consider bringing it back.

And without further ado, here is February's Challenge:



Here is is my finished art journal project:

When I saw that the February theme is love, I just had to use a photo from my wedding day. We met on a blind date 33 years ago and were married 2 months later. I guess when you know it's love, you know! LOL.  (John was in the Army when we first met, and we actually wrote many letters to each other during that 2 month period!)  I used the lyrics from Elvis Presley's beautiful song "Can't Help Falling In Love."

The background paper that I used is from the 49 and Market "Spectrum Sherbet" collection, specifically the Sherbet Foundations pack.

I hope that you get a chance to check More Than Words his month!

I am also linking my page to the February Art Journal Journey Monthly challenge: 
 
This month is hosted by Erika from BioArtGal!  Her awesome theme is "Seeing Red."
 
As you know, my page is all about love, and I have included a red heart next to the photo that definitely stands out!  Thanks so much, Art Journal Journey and Erika, for the inspiration this month.

And thank you for stopping by my blog today.  Have a wonderful February!!

11 comments:

  1. That red heart is perfect for AJJ Sharon, and I'm so glad you joined us. I love your page, and that is a romantic story behind it. Two months is a short time, but after all these years of marriage, you knew, didn't you? I love that. It is different when you meet the right person, isn't it? Thanks for joining us, and happy February to you. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a wonderful journal page, true love lasts forever! Thanks for linking to AJJ, much appreciated, hugs, Valerie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I didn't know you married two months after meeting. Or if I did, I forgot. I guess when you know, you know! You can't argue with success.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful page Sharon! I loved reading your Love story. Thanks for sharing at AJJ, hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your red heart certainly stands out on that lovely journal page you have made. But ... I LOVE the story behind it! What a fairytale romance and such proof that love can be instant and successful. Congrats on your 33 years of married life.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a stunning page Sharon. I love everything about it!
    Hugs,
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful! Happy Valentine's Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful page! I love your design with the rainbow of colours and the black stamping 😊. Such a lovely way to use your wedding photo too and commemorate such happy memories - perfect! Thanks for the inspiration and Happy February! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the third time I have tried to leave you a comment, Sharon. It is very frustrating.

    Your page is so romantic. Such fun to see he red heart and the frame outline your photo. This is a real beauty and perfect for Erika's theme at Art Journal Journey. Much shorter comment than twice before.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!