Friday, July 1, 2022

What a Wonderful World . . . for More Than Words!

Hi everyone! It's July 1st and time for new challenges . . .

The July Main Challenge at More Than Words opened today:

More Than Words is a monthly art journal challenge site that contains a word inspiration and a creative challenge.

Here is July's Main Challenge:


The word inspiration for July is WONDERFUL and the creative challenge is WATERCOLOR

Here is my finished art journal page:


I am LOVING Lisa Oxley's beautiful pink canvas paper from ArtStacks! I used it as my art journal page background and added a WATERCOLORED sun, clouds, a tree, and a mom holding her baby. My sentiment is one of my favorites from the song "What a WONDERFUL World" that was sung by Louis Armstrong.

I hope that you get a chance to check out the Main Challenge at More Than Words his month. 

I am also submitting my page to Art Journal Journey, Monthly:


The theme for July is "Doors and/or Arches." Their host is the talented Wendy from wendyscraftjournal.  My page contains an arch in the form of a rainbow!!  It's in the right upper corner.

Thank you, AJJ and Wendy for hosting this amazing challenge.

And thank YOU for stopping by my blog today.  Happy July! 

9 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to show an arch, brilliant idea. A gorgeous colourful page with a lovely sentiment, thank you for sharing with us on Art Journal Journey for my theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful scene and the arch of the rainbow is a great take on Wendy's new theme over at Art Journal Journey. Thank you for sharing this with us there.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this page Sharon. And I love that arch you used. It is so full of hope. It's been drizzly here this morning and a rainbow would be lovely to see. I feel bad I never made it over to More Than Words last month. I wanted to participate in that challenge but I truly didn't get more than maybe 3 or 4 hours of art time all month between trying to get back into my newly remodeled art space, garden work, etc. I am glad you joined us at AJJ for Wendy's challenge though. Thank you. Have a wonderful JUly 4 weekend and start to the new month. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that pink paper too. Lovely rainbow and lovely, happy thoughts here. Super sweet and very inviting and happy. Love it. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow,ilove your page,the pink heaven is fantastic

    the mother with her kid are beautiful.i mean she loved her kid so much,wonderful idea for the door theme.
    have a wonderful summer dear sharon.


    hugs jenny

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a fabulous page - beautiful colours and I love the positive words and the rainbow arch. A great page for Wendy's AJJ theme, hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful page Sharon! I love that Louis Armstrong song, and it's perfect for the page.
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always come up with a clever art journal entry, but for this one, you really thought outside the box. The page is beautiful and the mother and child make it special. The words from the song exemplify the beauty of it all. And finally, that rainbow is genius as an arch. Thanks for sharing this spread with us at Art Journal Journey using Wendy's theme.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh the pink background is gorgeous!! love the sun the flowers and lady and child.. truly a wonderful page!! How can it be July already!?????

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!