Thursday, July 7, 2022

Christmas Joy . . . for Challenge YOUrself and Art Journal Journey!

Hi everyone. It's July 7th (how can that be???) and time for a new challenge at Challenge YOUrself!

July's challenge is We Are Family:
 

I was inspired to create my layout first, because it's Christmas in July, and second, because I absolutely love this old photo of my family on Christmas Eve of 2009.  

Here is my completed page:


I enjoyed making this mixed media journal/scrapbook page about Christmas from 2009 because I want my family to remember to cherish each and every Christmas memory!  I used Cocoa Vanilla Studio's Merry & Bright collection to make my page. 

Sharing some different views of my project:

 
I hope you get a chance to check out Challenge YOUrself this month. I had a lot of fun making my family page and I think you will, too.

I am also linking my project to Art Journal Journey, Monthly.

 

This month's theme is Doors and/or Arches and is hosted by the talented Wendy of   wendyscraftjournal.  If you look closely at my page, you can see there is a tiny home with a door - all decorated for Christmas - on my page!!  Thank you, Wendy and AJJ for having this wonderful challenge this month!

And thank YOU for stopping by my blog today.  I hope you have an awesome July! 

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for another lovely page for my theme on AJJ, sorry about the anonymous bit but I can’t seem to be able to sort it out, I’m a bit of a technophobe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand - that has been happening to me lately, too!

      Delete
  2. Your page is certainly filled with Christmas joy, Sharon. The love of family comes through loud and clear in the photo and the embellishments you chose are stellar. Thank you for this lovely spread you gave us for Wendy's theme at Art Journal Journey. It is subtle (the door in the house), which I love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely holiday page Sharon. And I did notice the little door. 😀 I bet it is fun to look back to that photo. I enjoy looking back and seeing how much everyone (well the kids) have grown up. Thanks for sharing this with us at AJJ. It s a super page and fun to see. Hugs Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas Joy...made me think back to my childhood with my grandmother :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! I love the colours you chose to use for this page! It's such a happy page and real inspiration to get some of my old photos out, Thanks so much for sharing at AJJ, hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful festive page Sharon! Definitely joyful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful Christmas memory and layout.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!