Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Be Colorful . . . for Challenge YOUrself and Art Journal Journey!

 Hi everyone. It's June 7th and time for a new challenge at Challenge YOUrself!

 

June's topic is this beautiful mood board!: 

I was inspired by the gorgeous sunset photo, the beach, and of course, the pinks on the mood board.  Here is the photo that I knew I wanted to scrap when I saw the mood board.  Anne and I were standing on the boardwalk of Atlantic City while John took the photo in August of 2017! 

Here is my completed page:
 
I loved making this mixed media journal/scrapbook page.  As soon as I saw this challenge, I knew that I wanted to make it about a beautiful sunset! I used Vicki Boutin's gorgeous papers and embellishments to make my page. I love that vibrant shade of pink!!!
 
Sharing some different views of my project:

 

 
I hope you get a chance to check out Challenge YOUrself this month. I had a lot of fun using the mood board as the inspiration for my page.

I am also linking my project to Art Journal Journey, Monthly.

 

This month's theme is FISH and is hosted by the talented Mia of Craftartista.  Although my page is not about fish, if you look closely, you can see colorful fish on the card next to Anne's and my photo.  The fish are courtesy of Echo Park paper!  

I want to thank Mia and AJJ Monthly for the wonderful challenge.

And thank YOU for stopping by my blog today.  I hope you have a wonderful June! 

11 comments:

  1. What a fabulous scrap page Sharon. I love how you use color. And adding details too. This page makes me happy, and would make anyone happy. And I can see the fish! Thanks for sharing with us at AJJ for Mia's fish challenge. This is perfect! Have a great day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool, I love the pink color, and the fish!!! But I esp love the great photo.
    Such a happy memory!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I see the fish, but must say the sunset and your fabulous pink page are so fantastic I was busy looking at the photo. A fabulous page for Mia's AJJ theme, hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great scrap page, and I love the fishes. You used a wonderful photo. Have a great week, and thanks for joining us at AJJ, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great scrap page and I did see the fish after I read your prompt to where they were.
    Thank you for linking to Mia's theme at AJJ.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I didn't notice the fish until you pointed them out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely gorgeous! I love all the fun elements and what a stunning photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pink and the fun addition of fish, Sharon. That sunset is amazing! Looks like a fun trip! Love the pages.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can well understand you liking that photograph so much, what a beautiful sky. And what a beautiful page you have made to hold that lovely memory you have of you two enjoying your holiday. perfect.
    Hugs, neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am running very far behind. Your use of that photo fit perfectly with the design mood board. I love how you managed to incorporate the design and the photo with Mia's fish theme at Art Journal Journey. This turned out great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!