Monday, April 11, 2022

A Lovely Day . . . for ArtStacks and AJJ Monthly!

Hi Everyone!

Today I am sharing my newest mixed media scrapbook page that I made for ArtStacks . . .

I made my project using the newest Lisa Oxley Artist Series Stacks. I think they are amazing and so fun to work with.  As I said before, when I saw Lisa Oxley's stacks, I couldn't wait to use them!  They are entitled:  Lisa Oxley Bright and Bold and Lisa Oxley Floral Fetish



 Sharing the photo I used on my page:

 

It was taken on March 20 of this year after a late season snow storm!  My husband, dog, and I walk almost every morning these days!!! 

Here is my completed page:


 

And here's a different view:


 

For all of the details about my project, please head over to Artstacks website. 


I am also linking my project to Art Journal Journey, Monthly:


This month's theme is "Play It Again Sam" and is hosted by the very talented Alison from CraftytrogAlison would like you to create a page based on your favorite movie or song this month.  

I was inspired by and used TWO songs!!

First, I was inspired by a great song, Lovely Day by Bill Withers.  This song was released back in 1977 and was a big hit!  You can listen to it here if you like!  Warning:  you might want to dance the rest of the day afterwards -  LOL!

Second, I used the lyrics from a favorite song by John Denver, Rocky Mountain HighYou can listen to his song here!  It was released in 1973 and was one of John Denver's biggest hits.  

I guess I am showing my age as 2 of my favorite songs were created in the 1970's!  LOL!

Thanks once again, Alison and AJJ for the inspiration.  

And thank YOU for stopping by my blog today.  HUGS!

7 comments:

  1. These are 2 great songs Sharon, and your page is just amazing. I love those ArtStacks you used. The colors are great. And nice walk photo also. It looks like you have a really pretty area to walk. I have that Bill Wither's song in my head, but it is a great earworm and way to start the new week. Hope yours goes well, and thanks for linking up to AJJ. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous page - a gorgeous photo and wonderful colours and deisgn in the background. Thanks so much for joining us at AJJ. Look after yourself, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous page Sharon, that photo is beautiful!
    Thanks for linking up to my AJJ theme with your page and those wonderful songs.
    Hugs,
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had snow here, too, and it was just last week. Just as my tulips were starting to bud.

    I've never heard the Bill Withers song and not sure I ever heard of him before. I LOVE John Denver, not just for his music, but for the way he stood up to the censorship and later the parental guidance stickers that are now required on all songs. Denver likened the censorship to the book burning of the Nazis. No one thought he would take the side of the artists, but his was one of the best testimonies. I went looking for and saw the tapes (I believe they are on YouTube) after someone dinged me for liking Cyndi Lauper. Seems they were offended by "She-Bop." Sorry I got off track here, but it goes to show how songs so strongly affect our lives.

    I love the way you worked the song title into your scrapbook page. It is wonderful and I am so very glad you shared this with us at Art Journal Journey using Alison's great theme. That photo is beautiful, but it makes me feel cold!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful.. love the bright colors, the whole page is simply glorious Like that beautiful photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this layout! It is so beautiful. I love the colors, and the photo, and your words.
    But I especially love the meaning behind it. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!