Thursday, April 7, 2022

Are the Stars Out Tonight . . . for Challenge YOUrself and Art Journal Journey Monthly!

Hi everyone. It's April 7th and time for a new challenge at Challenge YOUrself!

 

April's theme is about the100th challenge!  And this month's requirement it to create a layout with stars.


I am so excited  and proud to be a part of Challenge YOUrself's 100th challenge! 
 
Here is my completed page:


I loved making this mixed media scrapbook page.  As soon as I saw this challenge, I knew that I wanted to make it about John's and my trip to Rhode Island this past summer!  I used Vicki Boutin's beautiful papers and embellishments to make my page.
 
Here are the pictures from our trip that I chose to scrap:



 
 
Sharing some different views of my project:



 
I hope you get a chance to check out Challenge YOUrself this month. If you head over to their blog, you can see all of the fun things happening for the 100th challenge!

I am also linking my project up to Art Journal Journey, Monthly.

This month's theme is "Play It Again Sam" and is hosted by the very talented Alison from CraftytrogAlison would like you to create a page based on your favorite movie or song this month.

My page is about stars and romance, and I used the lyrics from one of my favorite songs, 
I Only Have Eyes for You.  
I love the version that was recorded in 1959 by The Flamingos.  You can listen to it here.  It has since been re-recorderd by various artists like The Lettermen in 1966, Art Garfunkel in 1975 and most recently, Michael Buble in 2018.  It been featured in movies like A Bronx Tale, American Graffiti, Lady and the Tramp and most recently, Netflix's series The Crown.

Thank you so much, Alison, and AJJ Monthy for the inspiration!

And thank YOU for stopping by my blog today.  I hope you all have a wonderful April. HUGS!

11 comments:

  1. That's a great song and works perfect with your page Sharon. You did a great job incorporating the lyrics onto your page also. And looks like you had a nice trip to Newport. I haven't been there in many many years but it is a fun place. And did I mention I love your page Thanks for joining us for Alison's challenge at AJJ. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon ~ your song creation mixed media is beautiful ~ Love the colors ~ so joyful ~ fun ~ Xo

    Wishing you love and laughter in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful layout, and wonderful memories of a lovely trip and song!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful creation and a great song. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, and different than your usual pages!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Sharon, leave it to you to answer both challenges in a single, albeit beautiful scrapbook page. What a great song and the perfect way to incorporate it in this very romantic trip you and your husband took. Thank you so much for sharing this with is at Art Journal Journey using Alison's theme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fantastic page and photos and a super link using that song for Alison's theme at Art Journal Journey. Thank you for sharing this with us over there.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. A truly beautiful layout Sharon, and that song is beautiful too.
    Thanks for linking up with my AJJ theme.
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great choice of song Sharon, beautifully incorporated into your journal page, so romantic. Stunning photo's of your Rhode Island trip. Hugs Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a great page to remember your trip by. Very nice.
    I remember the group Flamingos but not the song :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos and layout. Makes you almost feel like you are there. What a fantastic way to remember such wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!