Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Love is . . . for More Than Words!

Hi everyone! It's February and time for some new challenges.

The first is the February Main Challenge at  More Than Words which opened today:

Just to let you know, More Than Words is a monthly art journal challenge site that contains a word inspiration and a creative challenge.

Here is February's Main Challenge:


 

The word inspiration for February is FLORALS and the creative challenge is STENCILS

 

Here is my finished art journal page:

 

I truly love flowers!  I love to give and receive them at any time, not just on special occasions.  That's why the word FLORALS made me think of this John Lennon quote, which is one of my favorites!  I used different STENCILS from my stash to make my painted stamped, and fussy cut flowers, and my water-colored background.

Here are some different views:




I hope that you get a chance to check out the Main Challenge at More Than Words his month.  I must say, I have been enjoying getting out of my comfort zone and making these art journal pages for More Than Words

I am also linking my page to the February theme Art Journal Journey, Monthly.


This month, AJJ has 2 hosts:  Bleubeard and Elizabeth.  You can find them at Altered Book LoverElizabeth explains that Bleubeard is the beautiful face and support behind their blog while she supplies the art!  This month they are asking What's Your Style?

Elizabeth said the following:  "You may have your own specific style, where you rely heavily on abstracts, architecture, travel, drips and splatters, nature, stamping, stencils, watercolor paints and pencils, words, or backgrounds.  Remember that digital art and sewing on your pages or fabric are always welcome.  However, maybe you're like me and don't have a specific style.  You might even have a different style for every day of the month.  Regardless, Bleubeard and I want you to share your own style or styles this month.  We are looking forward to seeing what you conjure up."

I don't think I have a specific style per-say.  But I do believe that it's eclectic.  Therefore, today I am sharing my eclectic art journal page about flowers stencils!!  

I can't thank you enough, Bleubeard and Elizabeth, and AJJ Monthy!

And thank YOU for stopping by my blog today.  I hope you all have a wonderful February. HUGS to one and all!

10 comments:

  1. This journal page turned out great. Definitely NOT your average use of stencils, you certainly arranged the bouquet beautifully. And the colors of the florals was well done, too. For me, watercolors present their own set of challenges, and I thought you handled them well. I'm not very good at drips on a page, but you didn't allow the watercolor drip to get out of hand. This is absolutely stunning.

    Thanks from both of us for your kind remarks and for supporting my theme this month at Art Journal Journey. I am delighted you shared this with us, and I agree that you are a great eclectic artist and designer, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous page Sharon. I love your flower bouquet. I especially love the details around the bouquet that makes the bouquet pop off the page. I think most of us are pretty eclectic which is the beauty of art journal, don't you think? Thanks so much for joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth's challenge at AJJ. Happy February to you also. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharon, I hope things are going well for you! I love your take on this challenge.. the flowers are so pretty and love them layered up like that..This is a good challenge and perhaps i will get my butt in gear this month and give some challenges a go!! Been very slack!! anyhoo take care!! Stay well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fantastic art journal page Sharon, the flowers are beautiful and you added a lovely sentiment to go on the page. Thank you for linking with the new theme at Art Journal Journey.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your page is absolutely stunning. I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This page is so pretty Sharon you have such a clean style in everything that you do, your pages are like opening a brand new book for the very first time to take in the crisp illustrations. I adore your flowers and how the colours run gently down from them. Stunning creation. Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Love the mix of flowers, drippy water colors and beautiful words. Sharon, your creations always inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am here to try again to make a comment! I love this flowery page. Thanks for sharing at AJJ. Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely wonderful! I love the quote and flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oops. I was going back to compile a list of all the AJJ folk that I can comment on and I see I missed you the first pass! I love this page and remember seeing it early in the month so I had to come back and say how much I love the colour and the composition. Fab!

    Happy WOYWW
    Mary Anne (4)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!