Saturday, November 7, 2020

Feeling the Love . . . for Challenge YOUrself!

 Hi everyone!  Today I am sharing a layout that I made for this month's theme at Challenge YOUrself:


The theme for November is this "Home for the Holidays mood board."  And the fun part is that you can pick the holiday!

I knew exactly which photo I wanted to use - it is one of me and my sisters taken in 1996 when we were at Cathy's home helping to decorate her Christmas tree.  

It was a moment that made us all laugh and makes me smile just to look at it.  Pictured from right to left are Patty, me, Karen, and Cathy.

I am also linking my scrapbook page up to the Art Journal Journey Monthly challenge!  This month's challenge is all about birds and is hosted by Wendy K

I added penguins to my Christmas-themed page as they are considered birds, not mammals.  (Yes, I looked them up!!!)  They are "aquatic flightless birds"  according to wikipedia.

And here is my finished page:


I used a mish-mash of old stuff that I had in my stash - simple stories paper, Pink Fresh Christmas Wishes pieces, and various old journaling cards.

Here are some close ups:





I really enjoyed making this page - brought back so many happy memories Christmases gone by!

I hope you get a chance to play along with Challenge YOUrself and Art Journal Journey Monthly, too.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today.  Hugs and healthy wishes to one and all!!

11 comments:

  1. This is AMAZING!! I loveeeeeeeeee the photo and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great page, and i happen to love penguins. In fact I still have a large collection of them. I happened to say that I liked them, and they arrived regularly as birthday and Christmas presents. Thank you for sharing with us on Art journal Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super genial LO👏👏👏👏💐
    Super cool the embellisment and and colors
    Lovely history '96
    Congrats, hugs and blessing for you

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a super photo. It made me smile just looking at it. And your page is super. I am surprised no one has used penguins yet this month, so hurrah for being the first. This is a fabulous page for Wendy's bird challenge. Thanks for joining us Sharon. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always have the most clever and unique layouts, Sharon. You add so many beautiful elements to each of the pages. This was fun to read about and fun to see each of the elements you chose for this sisters at Christmas spread. Thanks, too, for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey using Wendy's theme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a joyful page! 'Oh Dear' made me smile!! I love penguins, always try to watch wildlife programmes with them in! Altogether a fabulous entry for Wendy's theme at AJJ, Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome page! The non-traditional colors are fun. Love the photo of your sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this layout is so lovely, I really love the mix of embellies, and yes that photo is so special.. the moment that is shared there really looks like a precious moment.. I hope things are going well for you!! Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That page does reflect the fun of the photo. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your photo is so joyous and how marvellous to have three sisters.
    I love the colours in this one and all the happy words.
    Have a happy rest of November and a fantastic December.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love your "mish-mash"!!! The layout is wonderful, so Christmassy. The photo is the absolute best ever. What a wonderful way to remember such a cherished memory.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!