Saturday, September 7, 2019

Precious Moment . . . for Challenge YOUrself!

Hi everyone!  I cannot believe that it's September 7th already.  The summer here in the USA has flown by and it's time to get ready for fall.  I can feel the slightest nip in the air this morning!!

Today I am sharing a layout that I made for this month's theme over at Challenge YOUrself.  It's a challenge blog that asks you to get out from behind the camera and scrap photos with YOU in the
frame!


This month's challenge is Sunrise . . . Sunset.

I was going through old snapshots that I had and found this one taken at Marco Island of my dear sister, Cathy, and I in 1997.  (It was before Anne was born and Katie was only 3 years old.) She was going through her battle with ovarian cancer and was wearing a beautiful scarf to cover her hair loss from chemotherapy.  Cathy loved the beach at Marco Island and one of her favorite things to do was to go there at sunset!  People would gather there and actually cheer after the sun set.  It was a special time and a wonderful memory.
I scanned this photo - I know it's not the best quality, but I absolutely love it.  She passed away in 2003 and I know she is in a better place with my dad and grandparents, but I still miss her and think about her every day!!!  I totally enjoyed making this page for Challenge YOUrself.

Here is my completed layout:

I used Cocoa Vanilla Studio papers and embellishments.

Here are some close ups:



I hope you enjoyed seeing my page today. If you like challenges, I highly recommend Challenge YOUrself! Stop over and check out the latest theme here!

Thanks so very much for stopping by my blog today!  HUGS!!!

6 comments:

  1. So GORGEOUS! LOVING the colors, the flowers, the photo and the lace!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colors and a beautiful layout, Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything about this is beautiful. What a wonderful tribute to your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh such a beautiful layout with you and your precious sister.. I love all the flowers and layers and affirmative words... I am sad to hear she passed away and I am sure you have lots of wonderful memories in your heart.. My mum had OC and survived.. still alive today.. nearly 85... it is sad how it touches lives no matter who you are or where you live it seems... xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful, I love everything about this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!