Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Two "Love" Layouts for Scrap FX!

Hi everyone!  Where has the month of March gone?  I can't believe that it will be coming to an end soon.

Before I share my layouts, I want to let you all know that I have been very lax in commenting on all of your beautiful blogs.  My family recently lost our dear dog after a long and drawn out illness, and my mom's dementia has progressed.  We are in the process of selling her home and moving her onto a more appropriate "Memory Unit."  So please forgive me for not visiting and commenting on your beautiful blog posts.  I will be back soon, I promise.

Now on to happier things . . .

Today I am sharing two layouts that I made for the Scrap FX design team using their newest "love" products.

Since it is the month of March, and my husband and I recently celebrated our 29th anniversary (on March 3rd!) I decided to make these scrapbook pages about us.

My first page, entitled "The Kiss" is about our first kiss as husband and wife.  The photo is a favorite one of ours and was taken by our photographer on March 3, 1990!!!


Here is my completed page:


I used Cocoa Vanilla Studios "Midnight" collection for my background paper.  And the following Scrap FX chipboard pieces that I heat embossed with white embossing powder:
"The Kiss"

I flipped "Blooming Heart"

 "Heart Corners"


 One piece from "Love to Infinity"


Scrap FX also has lots of paper products for sale, too!  I used the following:

"White Lace Heart"

And one butterfly from "Black and White Butterflies"

Here is a different view:



If you look closely, you can see that I stamped and heat embossed the sides of my page using the "Rose Garden" stamp.
And I also cut out 2 phrases from the "Love Transparency" and added them to my page.
Here is a closer look:


I used more recent photos of John and I, taken in December of 2016, 
for my second page entitled "Love."


I also used Cocoa Vanilla Studios paper from their "Midnight" collection for my background page.  

For this page, I heat embossed the following Scrap FX chipboard pieces with deep red/garnet embossing powder:

"Wired Love"

"Heartscrawl"

The second piece from "Love to Infinity"

and "Chain & Clip:

I heat embossed "Art Deco Border" with ivory embossing powder:

Here is a close up:


And a different view:

You can see that I added texture and interest to my page using the "Damask Border Stencil" and texture paste:

And I added the phrase that I love "Faith, Hope, Love" from the "Love Transparency."

Here is one more look:

I hope that I inspired you just a little to create some "Love" pages!!!  My wish is that you enjoyed seeing my post as much as I enjoyed making these pages.  

Please take a moment to check out the Scrap FX blog and the Scrap FX Store!!!

Also, for more inspiration, you can check out the Scrap FX Australia Facebook page.


Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today.  I really appreciate your visits and comments, so much.  HUGS!!!

6 comments:

  1. Oh firstly, I am sad to hear of your loss of your dear fur baby, I know what that is like having had to say good by to many of my dear pets over the years.. so that is really a sad thing to deal with.. and I do hope things can improve for your dear Mum too, that is a difficult time as well... so dont you worry at all about visiting blogs, you have enough on your mind... and secondly, these layouts are so beautiful.. the photos are so romantic, and I love the use of those fabulous chipboard pieces.. wonderfully designed too... please take care of yourself... hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your doggy!! I know that you know Dandy will be gone soon also, so I feel your pain my friend! Hugs! And sorry to hear about your Mom also - she will be in my prayers! I love love love love these lo's!! They are absolutely STUNNING!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful pages, Sharon.
    So sorry to hear about your dog and also your mom. Take care of yourself and stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very sorry to hear about your mom and pray for all of you during this transition. And I'm very sorry to hear about your dog, too. Your layouts are beautiful, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two very beautiful "love" pages. I love them both. Each are unique in very special ways, the "old" and the "new". I always look forward to your blog posts, your layouts never disappoint!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful LO,s Sharon,so sorry to hear your sad news with your mother and fur baby,hugs Trish

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!