Friday, August 10, 2018

August Blue Fern Studios' Layouts!

Hi everyone!

I have been looking forward to sharing 3 new layouts that I made using Blue Fern Studios' products with all of you!  I went with a family theme for the month of August.  I wanted to share how easy it is to make layouts that mean something to you!!!

So without further ado, here they are:

Layout #1:  Life is Full of Surprises



I used a photo that I took of my daughter, Anne, in 2012.  She loved to ride her bike(and still does) and got on it one afternoon, still in her dress after going to church.  I have hidden journaling about this tucked under the photo.

For this layout, I used the gorgeous "Tattered Walls" collection.  I really love all of the beautiful paper in this collection.  This particular paper is entitled "The Sun Room."  

Here is a close up:

As you can see, I stamped and embossed directly on the edges of my page to bring your eye directly to the photo.  I also embossed my chipboard with Buttercup embossing powder.  You have to try Blue Fern Studios' embossing powder - it is a dream to use!!!

Here is another view:


Blue Fern Product List:
Paper: Tattered Walls "The Sun Room" 
Chipboard: Persian Ornament,  Blooming Curls, "Life is full of Surprises"
Stamp:  Grungy Grid
Embossing Powder: Buttercup, Celestial
Flowers: Wanderlust Vine, Fresh Florals
Seedlings: Lemonade
Glitter: Army Dust
Lace:  Lace 3B, Lace 10
Ephemera: Tattered Walls

Layout #2:  Fabulous

For this layout, I used a photo of my niece, Sarah, age 3, and my daughter Katie, age 8, taken for Mother's Day in 1997.  

This time, I used the beautiful and versatile "In the Mood" collection.  I love how the pinks and reds of the paper go perfectly with the pinks of Sarah's and Katie's dresses.  

To give you a better look, here is a close up:

And a different angel:

Blue Fern Product List:
Paper: In the Mood "Amused" and "Peaceful"
Chipboard: In the Mood printed chipboard, Opulence, Elegant Flourish, "Fabulous"
Embossing Powder: True Red, Black Sand
Flowers: Garden Blooms, Summer Blooms
Seedlings: Flaming
Glitter: Gilded Rose, Soot
Lace: Lace 1, Lace 10, Lace 12

Layout #3:  Our Family

This layout features the very gorgeous Tattered Walls collection.  The paper is entitled "The Carport."  (I have said this before, but I just love how each of these papers are named after a room!)  

I featured photos of our immediate family that you have seen before, but I wanted to scrap all of my favs.  

I especially loved using the small chipboard frames embossed in gold and the gold Lace 9C!

Here are some close ups:

I stamped and embossed the edges of my paper with the "Night Sky" embossing powder.   I also embossed the chipboard solar dangles with it.  To me, Night Sky EP is spectacular and goes perfectly with this patterned paper, too.


And a different view:

Blue Fern Product List:
Paper: Tattered Walls "The Carport" 
Chipboard: Briella's Mini Frames, Classic Mini Frames, Solar Dangles, A Spring Day, "Family"
Stamp: Distressed Titles
Embossing Powder: Night Sky, Goldenrod
Flowers: Remnants Blooms, Moody Florals
Seedlings: Pink Topaz
Glitter: Boysenberry
Lace: Lace 6, Lace 9C
Ephemera: Tattered Walls


It has been a pleasure sharing my August BFS pages with you!  I absolutely love making layouts when I have Blue Fern products at my fingertips.  I hope you get a chance to make some scrapbook pages, too, this month.  Happy Scrapping everyone!

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful layouts and embellishments. Great photos, too. I love how proud you are of your lovely family. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow these are gorgeous! I love each one, they are different, but full of lovely memories and photos, love the chipboard you have used too.. and fabulous back grounds .. and how did we get to be in August??? I sure don't know!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwwwwwwwwww! These are STUNNING! I am loving the colors, the photos and the flowers!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They´re fabulous, Sharon. Three beautiful layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pages! I love seeing your family photos. Look at tiny Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a beautiful layout collection !! every page looks different but very pretty...with lovely details!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your layouts are gorgeous, love the beautiful layers and all the sweet details . Thanks very much for the inspiration .

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG - I can't tell you how amazing this layouts are Sharon!
    You have such a lovely family and your layouts speak from LOVE - LOVE -LOVE!
    Simply gorgeous my friend!
    Lots of love from
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome pages Sharon,I especially love the Family tree LO X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful layouts. The first one: Life Is Full Of Surprises is magnificent. I love the photo, and esp the yellow flowers you used. The second one: Fabulous is great. I love the use of words - moments, memories, and all you need is love. The photo is spectacular, the girls were so young. And your color scheme of reds and pinks is really nice. The third one: Our Family is the best. I love the Christmas feel to this layout. All in all, beautiful layouts and beautiful family. I love your blog...keep on posting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 3 beautiful pages! love them all...so special and treasured!! I actually cannot decide which is my favourite...because they are all so gorgeous! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!