Sunday, September 20, 2026

Fall Fun . . . for Art Journal Journey Monthly!

Hi everyone! I’ve been out of the loop this past week because I was on vacation with my college friends in the Finger Lakes, NY. It was absolutely beautiful, and it was so much fun to be with them again. It was amazing to catch up with everyone and to celebrate our 70th birthdays.  I will share photos from our trip in my next post!

I’m thrilled to be guest-hosting Art Journal Journey Monthly for September and embracing the Hello Autumn theme. Your projects this month are truly remarkable!

I’m excited to share two Halloween-themed posts (this one and my next post!) about a Halloween party tradition that I loved when our daughters were growing up.  One of our travel group moms would host an amazing (and I mean really amazing!!) Halloween party every year. 

Today, I'm sharing a scrapbook page I created to commemorate Anne’s first Halloween party in 2005.  It was fun to take her to this incredible Halloween party when she was just 3. It was an outstanding experience, complete with outdoor pumpkin decorating stations, a spooky piñata, and a horse-drawn hay ride! Wow!

Here is my mixed media scrapbook page:


I put together my page using photos from Anne’s first Halloween party. I used two coordinating patterned papers I had on hand, a "fall fun" die-cut title, some fall leaves, and a die-cut scarecrow I purchased on eBay years ago.  I finished it off with a blue striped ribbon. I enjoyed making this page for Anne so she can look back and remember her first Halloween party. To me, this is what scrapbooking is all about!

I hope you’re enjoying AJJ’s theme this month.  Stay tuned! My next project is about a Halloween party we attended a few years later at the same home.

I am looking forward to seeing what YOU create!


I’m also sharing two photos from a morning walk around the pond. The signs of fall are definitely starting to pop up!


Thank you so much for visiting my blog today.  Happy September!





3 comments:

  1. Happy September too... 🎃🍻🥨 with greetings by
    Heidrun

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Finger lakes are a fun place to visit, aren't they? I visited several years ago and had a blast when went too. And Halloween is the perfect autumn theme idea. That scarecrow is a fun addition. :) and I love the fuzzy views of your photos. Focusing on the front makes the view very intriguing. I'm glad you had a good time. Have a super first day of autumn. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I'm so late visiting. That was a charming scrapbook page. What drew my eye was the "fall fun" letters with the leaves. This was a really fun entry for your theme at AJJ, even if I am a a bit late visiting.

    Those are stunning photos you shared. They looked like paintings.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!