Hi everyone!
I hope you’re all having a wonderful September! Here in eastern PA, the weather has been hot and humid lately. I’m really hoping for cooler temperatures and less humidity soon!
I'm also very excited to share another project I created for my September Hello Autumn theme at Art Journal Journey Monthly!
I decided to make a hybrid, double-page art journal spread:
I used a background I already had, and I mixed in some images from an old Mary Engelbreit calendar to create this hybrid spread. I digitally painted the blue sky and light green/yellow grass, and then I added another Mary Engelbreit image of the child in a pile of Autumn leaves. I remember jumping into leaf piles as a child, so this was very nostalgic for me! Finally, I digitally typed my sentiment, which I found in another old Mary Engelbreit calendar. It was a lot of fun to make!
I’m so excited to see all of your Autumn-themed projects this month at Art Journal Journey Monthly! I love getting the opportunity to connect with incredible artists from all over the world.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Enjoy September!


This is such a fun page. Jumping in leaf piles is one of the best autumn memories. And it's still a fun thing to do too, although I must admit I don't do it to the extent I did as a kid. :) I love your hybrid spread and all the details you included Sharon. The torn paper top and bottom borders work great too. Is that a paper punch or a die? I hope you are enjoying your September also. We have a touch of summer back today before the temperatures dip down a bit again. hugs-Erika
ReplyDeleteErika, I used an old paper punch to make the border. Thank you!!
DeleteWhat a fun beautifully made hybrid spread ; love it ๐
ReplyDeleteHave a happy upcoming weekend ๐ ๐
This is a fun entry for your theme at AJJ. I love how playful it feels and how the child looks so innocent jumping in the leaves. What a great way to recycle an old calendar with an updated approach. Thanks for another really fabulous entry for your theme at AJJ, dear Sharon.
ReplyDeleteAbsoluty gorgeous page๐☺️ iloved scene of autumn , congrats, have a great day
ReplyDelete