Monday, April 10, 2023

You Shine . . . for ArtStacks and Art Journal Journey Monthly

 

Hi everyone!  

Today I am sharing an art journal page with all of you.

I am using new images from ArtStacks:


They recently released 2 new Artist Series packs featuring their new artist, Tamara Laporte!  "Tamara is known on Instagram as #willowing and her incredible art is an inspiration to us all."

Here are Tam's new Artist Series releases:

Fabulous Faces:            


Artsy Animals:            

 
Here's the art journal page I made using Tam's packs:

The image of the woman and the flowers are from the Fabulous Faces pack. The tissue paper butterflies with the tiny stars are also from the Artsy Animals pack. I used 2 sheets of background paper that are recycled from the 49 and Market's collection that I had in my stash. I also used some molding paste and a stencil (from my stash) to make the sun's rays. And of course, the stitching was made with my sewing machine. In addition, I added some extra tiny black stars that I made using a Tim Holtz die and black construction paper from a tablet that my mom gifted me many years ago when she retired from teaching.

To learn more about Tam's packs (and all of the available packs), please head over to ArtStack's shop.  And while you are there, you can check out their blog to see what the talented design team members are creating. 


I am also linking my spread to the March Art Journal Journey Monthly challenge: 

This month is hosted Bleubeard and Elizabeth, AKA Altered Book Lover and  they are focusing on ways to save the planet in their journal pages by Recycling, reusing, and repurposing.  

Elizabeth says:  "Recycle a portion of that beloved birthday or Christmas card, reuse those patterned security envelopes, repurpose those cardboard boxes Amazon is so famous for, or those 512 used tea bags you’ve been hoarding.  Turn them into collage fodder for your art journals.  While you’re at it, let us know what you recycled in your entry, so we can applaud you, too."
 
This topic really caught my eyeI recycled everything on my page except the ArtStacks images, which are new.  Thank you, Bleubeard and Elizabeth, for hosting this amazing challenge.

And thank you so much for stopping by my blog today!

Happy crafting . . .

8 comments:

  1. Simply gorgeous Sharon! I love that fabulous image!
    Hugs,
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful journal page, Sharon, love it. Tam's art is always lovely. Thanks so much for linking to Elizabeth's challenge at AJJ. Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a charming journal page you have created, Sharon. Tam's face is lovely, but what you created around the face makes it such a different and unique entry. So glad you were able to recycle so much of this page, too. Thank you ever so much for sharing this incredible entry with us at Art Journal Journey using Bleubeard's and my theme. Your use of color is fantabulous, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a clever take on Elizabeth's challenge. I love it. And I equally love your page too. Using all those butterflies is such a fun addition. And adding stars makes it even better. Thanks so much for joining us at AJJ again this month Sharon. It's always fun to see your pages. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely page Sharon! Those images are fabulous Thanks for sharing at AJJ and Elizabeth's theme, hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an amazing page! Loving the detail with all those stars and butterflies, and the stitching finishes it so beautifully 😊. Happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the butterflies and stars, this is exceptional!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!