Saturday, April 1, 2023

An Irish Blessing . . . for More Than Words and Art Journal Journey Monthly!

Hi everyone! It's April 1st (can you believe it?!) and time for some new challenges . . .

First, the April Challenge at More Than Words opened today!

More Than Words has simplified their art journal challenges this year and will have one main theme to inspire you. This month's theme is BEING GREEN. Feel free to interpret the theme in any way that you like. What does being green mean to you? 

Here is April's Challenge:


 
And here's my art journal page:

 
The theme Being Green immediately reminded me of my Irish heritage.  I remember my dad telling me about the Irish Blessing, so I made it the focal point of my art journal page!  I used one of ArtStacks' new releases to create my page.  I thought that the image of the woman from Tamara Laporte's "Fabulous Faces" pack looked like me, so I added digital glasses like mine!  I also placed her in the palm of a tissue paper hand. (The hand image is from ArtStacks' "Faces and Figures" pack that I had on hand.) In addition, her crown is from the same pack.  I fussy cut it and colored it green.

And in keeping with the "being green" theme, I recycled the background paper from an old pack of 49 and Market "Spectrum Sherbet" that I had on hand. And the beautiful tissue paper images at the top and bottom of my page are also from the ArtStacks "Fabulous Faces" pack.

I hope that you get a chance to check More Than Words his month!

 
I am also linking my page to the March Art Journal Journey Monthly challenge: 
 
This month is hosted by Bleubeard and Elizabeth;  their blog is Altered Book Lover and  they are focusing on ways to save the planet in their journal pages.  
 
Elizabeth says:  "Recycle a portion of that beloved birthday or Christmas card, reuse those patterned security envelopes, repurpose those cardboard boxes Amazon is so famous for, or those 512 used tea bags you’ve been hoarding.  Turn them into collage fodder for your art journals.  While you’re at it, let us know what you recycled in your entry, so we can applaud you, too."
 
Okay . . .  I recycled a piece of cardstock paper from a pack of 49 and Market papers that I had in my stash.  I cut it apart and adhered it back together to form the rectangular background of my art journal page.  Also, the hand image was used from a pack of ArtStacks papers that I had in my stash.

I cannot thank Art Journal Journey and Bleubeard and Elizabeth enough for their wonderful challenge and all of the artist's inspiration this month!  I know it will be a pleasure to see how all of the AJJ artists interpret the theme.

And thank you for stopping by my blog today.  Have a wonderful April!

And don't forget to recycle, reuse, and repurpose! 

12 comments:

  1. You are so lucky that these 2 themes work together Sharon. And I love how you recycled and went green. The hand holding that lady is really an amazing addition. I haven't seen that before. I hope you have a fabulous start to April and get some beautiful spring weather too. (I woke up to a bit of fresh snow this morning-old man's winter's April fools day "joke" I guess. ) Thanks for joining us at AJJ for Elizabeth and Bluebeard's challenge. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was also impressed by how well the two challenges go together. I was impressed with your digital skills of adding the glasses to the face. I also like your Irish blessing. Just wonderful. That hand is amazing. I would almost buy that pack for the hand alone. But i have so many hand images already. I do love how you used it and all the green, too. Thank you beyond belief for this wonderful journal page you shared with us at Art Journal Journey using Bleubeard's and my theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic. I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous art today, love them both. Being green and recycling go so well together. You did yourself proud with these creations. Thanks so much for linking to AJJ! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful message and your lovely interpretation of it 😍
    Happy April 💚

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this page when saw it on Instagram Sharon, it's fabulous! Such a lovely message too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful page! Loving how it came together with the recycled papers - fabulous 😊. Wishing you a wonderful April! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a lovely page Sharon. Lovely colours and that Irish Blessing is so lovely! It's a great page for both challenges! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love a good Irish blessing and your colors and supporting images are wonderful! The girl in the hands with the crown are super fun. Your pages are always such a treat, Sharon. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice page and blessing, Sharon, and clever way to use your stash. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this Irish page and blessing! Magnificent!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!