Friday, October 14, 2022

Live Joyfully . . . for ArtStacks!

Hi everyone!  Today I'd like to share a mixed media art journal page that I made for ArtStacks


I made this page using ArtStacks' new releases:  the All Dressed Up and Wings and Things Corestacks.  I can't tell you how much I love working with these stacks!   You will find that they work so well together!



Here is  my completed page


I made my page featuring this smiling boy wearing his red hat and wings. (He's also is wearing fun striped socks!) I picked the quote because he definitely is living joyfully!  For all of the details about how I made my project, please head over to the Artstacks blog.

 
I am also linking this up  page to  Art Journal Journey Monthly

This month's challenge is hosted by the very talented Elle from Empire of the Cat! Her theme for this month is Fairy-tales, Folklore & Fables - "Tell Me A Story."  I absolutely LOVE her creative theme.
 
My mythical boy is from a fairy tale that hasn't been told yet.  Here's his story:   The boy originally had many hardships to overcome because he tried to hide his beautiful, red wings.  But he eventually discovered that when he displayed them with pride and joy, everyone around him felt the same joy that he did!
  
Once again, I want to thank Elle everyone at AJJ - their challenges have inspired me over the years, and their creativity and support have meant the world to me!
 
And thank you for your visit to my blog today!  Enjoy the rest of your October!

12 comments:

  1. That's a great story Sharon. Don't we all try to hide things about ourselves at times in our lives, and when you can let them go, it feels amazing. I love those bright red wings a lot. What a super page, and I am so happy you joined us at AJJ for Elle's challenge. Hope all is well with you. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Lovely short story. See what happens with a little confidence in one's self.
    Luv your art. Thanks for dropping by my blog today Sharon. Welcome to Art For Fun Friday

    Muvh❤love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharon, love your boy and the red wings story - very much like a fairytale that could be extended and turned into something longer. Those mushrooms are great too. Thanks for joining us for the October theme at Art Journal Journey this month, very much appreciated. Elle/Empire of the Cat xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully made and such a brave boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice, exciting story, thank you for telling, Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This page makes me feel happy too Sharon. These papers do look interesting- Iniok osee if they are on sale in the UK. Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun story and a beautiful page!

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sharon, I love your page and the accompanying story. How you manage to write a story so compact for your page I will never know - I just ramble on and mine becomes a novel. I need to try to take a leaf out of your book.
    A fabulous page and story - love the red wings and the striped socks are a 'must have' without a doubt. Thanks for brightening my day.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a beautiful and joyful page Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aaaw awesome page and super little story...a little message in there for us all! Gorgeousness!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!