Monday, November 1, 2021

Gratitude . . . for More Than Words and AJJ Monthly!

Hi everyone! Welcome November!!  I cannot believe that it's November 1st already and time for the More Than Words November Main Challenge!

Just to let you know, More Than Words is a monthly art journal challenge site that contains a word inspiration and a creative challenge. Both need to be incorporated into your art journal page. 

Here is this month's Main Challenge:

The word inspiration for November is Gratitude and the Creative Challenge is using this beautiful mood board.

Here is my art journal spread:


I have so much GRATITUDE for the beauty all around me, especially during Fall. I used the MOOD BOARD as the basis for my Fall color scheme and theme of my art journal spread. Fall is my favorite time of the year, especially because we celebrate Thanksgiving!

I also used the words to Louis Armstrong's song "What a Wonderful World !"

Here are some close-ups:





And don't forget . . . if you participate there are great prizes to be won!

I hope that you get a chance to check out the More Than Words Main Challenge this month!  I know you will enjoy it.

I am also linking my project up to Art Journal Journey, Monthly.

This month's theme is hosted by Chris Bedford and is All Kinds of Weather.  Chris said the following:  "All Kinds Of Weather" has lots of scope for seasonal stuff (enjoying Autumn, looking back to Spring or Summer, looking forward to Winter), as well as references to colours, clothing, holidays (vacations) etc.  I look forward to seeing some sunshine as well as the rain we expect to get in November.

Therefore I used the beautiful sunny weather and the colors of November to inspire my art journal spread.  I also used some clippings from an old Mary Engelbreit calender!  Thank you, Chris and AJJ, for inspiring me!!

And as always, speaking of gratitude . . .thank you so much for stopping by my blog today.  HUGS!

10 comments:

  1. Wow Sharon..how did you do this?? It is beautiful.. I love this scene, I can imagine walking around the path.. really beautiful creating!! and thanks for your comments on my blog.. Yes I really find a lot of inspiration from the two artists I mentioned.. and so many more too.. lots to see on youtube!! I hope I get time to join in with this one too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sharon, this really is such a beautiful page. Much like some of the Autumn walks we have been taking - including seeing pumpkins growing by the path. I love that winding path coming out of the woodland into the sunshine and of course those words echo in my head so many times on our walks. We certainly do have so much to be grateful for. Thank you so much for sharing this great spread for my theme at AJJ, Chrisxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous page Sharon. I really love how you used that Wonderful World song because it is perfect for your page. I love the color combo this month. THanks for joining us at AJJ with perfect piece for Chris' challenge, and happy November too. I am going to check out this challenge. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these pages are so wonderful! I love the colors and the quote. But I esp love the autumn theme, it is such beautiful time of year. Simply perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely adore your incredible spread. It is stunning. I love, love, love the trees and that path that meanders across the pages. You realize I will be singing that song all day long, now. Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at Art Journal Journey using Chris's theme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about this! Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful page Sharon, I love that song!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous page, love the scene and the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful page, I love it!
    Have a happy day, hugs, Elke

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!