Sunday, November 7, 2021

Happy Halloween . . . for Challenge YOUrself and AJJ Montlly!

Hi everyone. It's so hard to believe that November is here already! And Challenge YOUrself has a new challenge for this month:

November's theme is to use stamps on your project:
 
I had a lot of fun making this layout!  I enjoyed using a border stamp and all of the little star stamps that I already had in my stash.

Here is my page:


I featured the Simple Stories "Boo Crew" collection that I had on hand and absolutely love.  Along with the stamping, I also added a heat embossed the Dusty Attic scary fence and the painted wooden pumpkins to my page.

I used a favorite black and white photo from a past Halloween party:

  

Here are some different views:





I hope you get a chance to check out Challenge YOUrself this month. If you head over to their blog, you can see all of the design team inspiration!

I am also linking my project up to Art Journal Journey, Monthly.

This month's theme is hosted by Chris Bedford and is entitled All Kinds of Weather.  Chris said the following:  "All Kinds Of Weather" has lots of scope for seasonal stuff (enjoying Autumn, looking back to Spring or Summer, looking forward to Winter), as well as references to colours, clothing, holidays (vacations) etc.  I look forward to seeing some sunshine as well as the rain we expect to get in November.

I was inspired by a cool, sunny, autumn day back in 2019.  I was attending a Halloween party and I can remember it like it was yesterday!! Thank you, Chris and everyone AJJ, for helping to inspire me to create my mixed media page!!

And as always, thank you so much for stopping by my blog today.  HUGS!

7 comments:

  1. This is a really fun page Sharon. I love Halloween art, and you used so many great details here. And your family photo is great too.Making it black and white was a super idea. Thanks for sharing with us for Chris' challenge at AJJ. It is a perfect for it. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always said if I ever took up scrapbooking, I would want my pages to look like yours. Although the photo is the star, it's everything else you add that gives it that character and appeal. I love how this was Halloween inspired and you gave it to us beautifully. It is a charming entry for Chris's theme at Art Journal Journey, and I am glad you were inspired by her theme, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fabulous. I love the Halloween theme, and your use of stamps and stars and pumpkins and bats, etc. It is spectacular! Thank-you for the wonderful Autumn layout and post. I look forward to all of your entries!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous page Sharon - a great way to showcase your happy photo. Thank you so much for sharing at Art Journal Journey and my weather theme,hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun page! This might be the firs time I've ever seen a hearse on a page, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharon, this page is fabulous! Love the pictures and the details. Wow. Makes me want to go make a page now. The hearse is very fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!