Friday, October 1, 2021

You Can Make Anything by Writing!

Hi everyone! Welcome October!!

I am excited and honored to let you know that I will remain a part of the More Than Words design team!

 


And it's October 1st and time for the More Than Words October Main Challenge!

Just to let you know, More Than Words is an art journal challenge site that contains a word inspiration and a creative challenge. Both need to be incorporated into your art journal page. 

 This month's Main Challenge:

The word inspiration for September is Write and the Creative Challenge is using Magazines.

Here is my art journal spread:

I love the C.S. Lewis quote "You can make anything by WRITING" and used it here. In addition, I found some old Mary Engelbreit "Home Companion" MAGAZINES (from the year 2000) and fussy cut the paper doll, desk, and easel to complete my page.

And here is a close-up:


And don't forget . . . there are still great prizes to be won!

I hope that you get a chance to check out the More Than Words Main Challenge this month!  I know you will enjoy it.

I am also linking my project up to Art Journal Journey, Monthly.

This month's theme is hosted by Tracey from Hotchpotchcreations and is My Favourite colour is OCTOBER.  Tracey said the following:  "So I ask you to share what you see around you during October, you may be surprised by what it presents if you take a closer look. Use her colours to inspire your journal pages and please do introduce events and celebrations. October, it's a special month for me which holds so many lovely memories... let's make lots more together as you join me @ Art Journal Journey."

Therefore I used the colors of October,  i.e. red, orange, yellow with a touch of green,  to inspire my art journal spread about writing.  I also used magazine clippings from Mary Engelbreit's "Home Companion" from back in October of 2000!  Thank you, Tracey and AJJ, for helping to inspire me to make my pages!!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today.  HUGS!

10 comments:

  1. Wow Sharon! I love this vintage style girlie and your colours are certainly portraying Autumn.So pleased you linked to Tracey's Autumn Colour theme at AJJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Loving the way you used the images and the background that you created is amazing 😁. Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a Happy October! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always SO glad to see you joining us at Art Journal Journey, Sharon. I was surprised when I read this was a journal entry, so I was even more impressed you gave us your take on Tracey's theme. I love the little girl and her storybook feel. This is a genuine beauty, dear. Thanks so much for thinking of us and linking, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing Sharon. I love your take on autumn colors and how important it is to write. What a cute girl. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey for Tracey's theme. It is perfect. Have a great weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are staying with the DT Sharon and i'm so pleased to see you have joined my @ AJJ this month sharing this treat of a journal page. Your sweet vintage girl looks so happy amongst her playroom with all those crafty goodies in her pocket. Those yellows and oranges are like the golden hues of Autumn. Beautiful page.
    Thanks so much for sharing.
    Happy creative October Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic images and take on the latest AJJ theme. The sweet image of the little girl with her book make me think she is about to create her own autumn story.
    Thank you for linking with Tracey's theme and for the inspiration.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh this is beautiful.. I love the back ground details and such a sweet little girl image too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous page, love the idea and the little girl is really cute.Great colours to suit the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super fun! Love the girl and the inspiring words!!! Super colors too. Your creations are always such a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great theme and colors! The little girl reminds me of you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!