Saturday, August 7, 2021

Get Away . . . for Challenge YOUrself and AJJ Monthly!

 Hi everyone!  It's August 7th and time for a new challenge and reveal at Challenge YOUrself:

 
This month's theme (CY#92) and is all taking care of you:

 
Here is my take:

My favorite way to relax and take care of myself is to go to the beach.  I love everthihg about it, and always find it very beautiful and relaxing.  For this layout,  I featured a photo of my daughter, Anne and me walking on beach at Atlantic City!  I made a little scene using Cocoa Vanilla Studio papers and embellisments from the Sunkissed collection. 

Here are some different views:




 I am also entering my layout into this month's theme at Art Journal Journey Monthly:

This month is about "Type" and is hosted by Neet (aka Anita) at Hickydorums.   Neet wrote: "Typing has always been a passion of mine and I love the various fonts you can now play around with on a computer which is why I chose “Type” as my topic for August but I want you to think broadly around the word - very broadly!  The Readers Digest Pocket  dictionary says: n. person, thing or event serving as an illustration, symbol or specimen; a letter or other character used in printing; collection or fount of this; execute on, or use typewriter.  So think - typewriter, printing machines, keys (as on a typewriter), fonts, letters and numbers used in different ways - correspondence, calligraphy, illuminated letters, signs etc  Remember, also, it can be used as both a verb (“he typed the words …”) and a noun (“he wrote her the type of letter she loved”) so that hopefully opens up a whole host of images you can use."

So . . . I typed my journaling directly on my page using the "American Typewriter" font.  

Thank you, Neet for hosting another fun and enjoyable challenge at AJJ Montly! 

And I hope you get a chance to check out Challenge YOUrself this month. 

Thank you for stopping by my blog today.  Hugs!!!  Enjoy August!

10 comments:

  1. Oh yes the beach is a great place to recharge and relax, I totally agree on that.. Your layout is lovely, beachy and summery.. I hope you are keeping well..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful page reminding us of the beach and the sun and sea and colour.
    I hope you and Anne get back to the beach soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a really fun scrap page Sharon. It does feel like beach, and makes me wish we had sun and beach here today. And you used some amazing type too! I'm glad you shared this with us at AJJ for Neet's challenge, and I hope you have such a sunny weekend too. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sharon, I am quite close to the beach today but it is raining so hard and there is a breeze that I cannot bring myself to go down there and enjoy myself. Your journal page has brightened my dull day however, and I feel so happy relaxing with you on your beach.
    What a pretty page this is, truly paradise with all those tropical vibes, and what a great idea to type up your words using American typewriter font - one of my often used fonts.
    Thanks for joining in with my theme at AJJ
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful page! It's so calming and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an absolutely fabulous entry for Neet's 'Type ' theme at Art Journal journey! How I would love to go to a sunny beach! Hugs,Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely wonderful! I love the colors, so "beachy". And the embellishments - the palm trees, beach umbrella, sun, hearts, and flags. It reminds me of vacation, so great!!!
    Can't wait for your next challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I apologize for taking so long to visit. You have created an extraordinary scrapbook page. I don't know how you do it, but you always have the right amount and appropriate embellishments for every page you create. This beach inspired one certainly has lots of fonts, which is perfect for Neet's theme at Art Journal Journey. Of course, you had ME at palm trees!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great scrapbook page! I love all the beach details surrounding the photo and the colors are so perfect. I like all the words giving us a feel for the message that the day you spent on the beach was enjoyable. Such a great memory page.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!