Friday, February 12, 2021

Happy Moments . . . for More Than Words!

Hi everyone!  It's the 12th of the month and time for the second More Than Words Main Challenge design team reveal.  (That's me!!) 

For those of you who don't know, More Than Words is a challenge site that has a Main Challenge and a Mini Challenge every month.

The Main Challenge runs the entire month and contains a word inspiration and a creative challenge that both need to be incorporated into your project.  The Main Challenge is open to any type of project like layouts, canvases, art journal pages or OTPs.  

The Mini Challenge always runs the last 2 weeks of each month and contains one word inspiration and must appear on your project. 
The Mini Challenge is open to cards, tags, postcards, and ATCs only.

The More Than Words rules page can answer all of your questions!

This month's Main Challenge:

As you can see, the Word Inspiration is Romance and the Creative Challenge is Rose!

I am also linking my page up to Art Journal Journey Monthly's February challenge:
 
The host for February is Valerie  and she chose "Heavy Metal for her theme."  I placed a Prima a metal rose right next to the shutters, some metallic bling on the photo, and also placed metallic silver pearls in varying sizes on my layout in different areas.  Thank you, Valerie, for the awesome theme for February!  I love it!!

Here is my page:

I used to spend hours looking through my mom's scrapbooks and photo albums. To me, my mom and dad's love story was the epitome of ROMANCE. I loved to hear how my dad came home from Germany (he served in the army) to see my older sister's birth. This photo of my mom holding my sister, with my dad's arm around her from 1950,  is one of my favorites! In addition, my mom loved roses, so using ROSES on my page just felt natural to me. I fussy cut roses, used "Winter Rose" patterned paper, a prima metal rose, and paper roses throughout my layout. I hope you get some inspiration to make a romantic page with roses, too!

Here are some different views:




And now the fun part . . . there are wonderful prizes to be won at More Than Words! This year, MTW has changed to a Regional Prize structure, whereby there will be multiple Main Challenge Winners, one or more for each Region as follows: "Aussies and New Zealanders," "Europe," "USA," and "The Rest of the World." There are now prizes specifically for these 4 different regions.

I hope that you get a chance to check out the More Than Words Main Challenge and Art Journal Journey's February theme this month.  I know you will enjoy it!! 

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today.  HUGS!

6 comments:

  1. Oh this is gorgeous! I love all the roses around your photo and what a special photo you have used too. and oh my the window shutters are a stunning element on your layout too.. I hope you are keeping well..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is indeed a beautiful page, very romantic, and a great tribute to your parents. Thanks for adding the wonderful metallic embellishments, and for linking to my challenge, much appreciated! Glad you like the theme! Have a great weekend, stay safe, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous page Sharon. That is a super vintage photo, and you framed it in such a romantic and beautiful way. And I like the story behind the photo too. I can see why it is a favorite of yours. Thanks for sharing this at Art Journal Journey. Glad you love Valerie's challenge too. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - beautiful! And definitely romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is marvelous! I love the metal theme, and how you used it in your layout. I also love the love story, romance, and roses used throughout. Stunning in every way!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!