Saturday, June 1, 2019

Best Friends!

Good Morning everyone!  Today is June 1st - Happy June to one and all!  Here in the United States, we are enjoying the beginnings of summer, but with that comes lots of humid weather and this year we have had terrible thunder storms that brought hail and damaging winds.  We had tornados touch down close by. We were lucky not to have had any damage at our or any of our family member's homes.  My thoughts and prayers go out to all of those who did.

Today I am sharing a layout that I made for the new Scrap the Boys challenge:
This month's theme is about "Me and my Best Friend."  It can be about a dog or cat, or any animal!  Also, if you have another take on this theme, we would love to see it!

As soon as I saw this month's theme, I knew exactly what photo I wanted to use:

It's a sweet photo of my nephew and his dog, Justice that was taken by my sister, Patty.  It kind of reminds me of the Carl books!

I absolutely LOVE this photo of Owen and Justice that totally depicts the friendship that they had.  (Sadly, Justice has since passed away, but we will always remember his sweet disposition and friendly nature, no matter how big he was.  He was a true gentle giant.)

Here is my take on this month's Scrap the Boys challenge:


I used the Echo Park Paper Company "I Love Sunshine" collection that I had in my stash.

And featured this paper that I have been hoarding:

Here is a close-up:

And a different view:

If you have photos of the boys in your life, I hope you get the chance to check out Scrap the Boys!


Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today. Happy June!  Hugs!!!


10 comments:

  1. Love love love love this!! That photo is sooooooooooo sweet and love love love the colors!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great theme, love the photo you choose, and your page is fantastic. The friendship between kids and their dogs is always beautiful. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this layout with Owen and Justice ! Gorgeous! You have such an eye and hand for this specially wonderful layouts with so much depth and drawing the viewer's eye and heart into the images! Great to hear you are o.k.! Have a great June and take good care of you!!!
    Big hugs!

    Susi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh beautiful page, I love the colors and papers and flowers and the photo is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet! Another beautiful page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sharon~ I was scrolling/looking for my comment (I knew I had!) and then realized it was at SB.com *good grief! I am a ditz~ I really like this L/O and appreciate how you used the flowers and colors on this 'boy' page. It is completely gorgeous and fresh! Hugs to you and blessings too~ karen o

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great page - it exudes happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaaw a sweet page and such a sweet photo! Great use of the Echo Park papers...they are bright and sunny!
    So glad you and your family are okay after the terrible storms....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely wonderful, the best ever! I love the theme, the friendship between dog and boy, and the fantastic layout. I keep looking forward to your new posts, they seem to get better as they go on.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!