Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Happy May!

Hi everyone!  I hope you are all having a wonderful month of May so far.  Mother's Day is right around the corner, and things with my mom seem to be stabilizing at the new unit she is in.  We are planning on taking her out for dinner this weekend to celebrate Mother's Day!  Thank you all once again for your wonderful words of encouragement.

Next, I have a couple of exciting things (three to be exact!) that I would like to share with
you today . . .

1.  First of all, it's time for new May challenge at Challenge YOUrself:

This challenge blog is all about creating pages using photos with YOU in the frame!  This month's theme is Life Goals.

Here is my completed page:

A close-up:

and a different view:

I used the Cocoa Vanilla Studio's Midnight collection and a photo that my daughter took of me on Mother's Day a few years ago!



2.  Secondly, I made another page about my life goals that I am entering into this month's Art Journal Journey challenge:

This month's hostess is Erika and her theme is "In the sky/In the Air."

Here is my page:


Once again, I used Cocoa Vanilla Studio's beautiful Midnight collection!  My life goals are typed on the paper doll next to the photo of me!  And I used a cloud and balloon to depict the sky above the little city I created.

Here is a close up:


And a different view:


Thanks AJJ for inspiring me to make this scrapbook page!  I LOVE your blog!

3.  And  . . . last but not least, I would like to tell you about a wonderful opportunity.  Marit Barentsen from "Marit's Paper World" asked me to guest blog for her "Quirky Dutch Summer" blog series this summer, which runs from June 10 to August 12!  To learn more about Marit and what her Quirky Dutch Summer blog series is all about please visit here!


Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today!  I hope you get a chance to check out all of the above!  HUGS to all of you!!!

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful journal pages, I always enjoy how you combine your photos with the beautiful backgrounds and embellishments. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW WOW WOW - WOW for both amazing layouts! You never cease to amaze me !
    Thank you for your words about AJJ! I so love that you are with us dear Sharon!
    You know how much I appreciate your amazing art here!
    The third WOW from me for that opportunity at Marits Paper World! She is amazing, I know her activities - she is a great inspiration! I am looking forward to your guest blogging there!!!!! Enjoy!

    Happy Day and thank you for your friendship Sharon!

    Susi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon that is one a super page. I love how you used just a strip of blue sky and your photo too. That little blue strip brings so much interest to the page. It is really very clever. Thanks so much for joining in with my challenge at Art Journal Journey. It is much appreciated. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! These are both gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the designs!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pages and congrats on the guest spot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful creating, love the designs and great photos..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really like the Skyline in the Air.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness Sharon, These are beautiful! Soo unique, so interesting and full of life~ Love love your work. It speaks of you; and you do shine friend! Hugs, karen o

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool layouts about your life's goals. (Simply wonderful, as usual.) And congrats on your guest blog for Quirky Dutch Summer! Sounds like fun!!! Keep on posting, I am looking forward to what is next!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always get excited when I see your name at Art Journal Journey, Sharon. It only took me three days to get here (NOT GOOD). I would have been by to see your scrapbook page sooner, but I have been baling water in my basement from the flash floods we've had in my area. I had to stay on top of things because I need to keep the mold out.

    You have some wonderful life goals, dear. Most impressive. I really enjoyed that you were flying above the city skyline. It was a charming layout. Thanks for sharing this with us using Erika's theme at Art Journal Journey.

    Congratulations on being chosen as a guest designer for Marit's Quirky Dutch Summer. I look forward to visiting, too.


    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!